New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6614.jpg
IMG_6615.jpg
IMG_6616.PNG

Probably should have been kept in the u23 setup. I can’t seem many managers wanting to have him imposed on them as assistant.
Also at some point doesn't he want more than just to be someone's No2. Working under an elite level manager like Carlo Ancelotti i totally understand, there's so much to learn there but why would DF want to work under someone like Potter. They're roughly the same age and Potter (or who ever) will have little if any more experience than Dunc.
The man was my hero as a kid and i certainly don't think he (or the likes of Unsworth) are responsible for the poor form the last few years but i do think this is a great time to cleanse the club somewhat and try something new and if Dunc isn't going to be manager (which he shouldn't be imo) then he should get out there and do what Lampard, Gerard and Rooney have done and take on a lower level team. If does even half a decent job he will be Everton manager one day but he's got to get out there and earn it and i don't care what anyone says about badges and qualifications and all that. Knowing the job and doing it are too completely different things and if i had one worry with Ferguson it's how he would handle the pressure when it gets personal - as it so often does - and how he'd compose himself when things get really tough. I don't really want him at Everton when we find that out.

He does seem like a good manager, just get too many Bobby M vibes though. Also, that story about him finding it hard to deal with fan criticism at Brighton leads me to believe he would be ground into dust by Evertonians.
Except his teams can defend. Maybe he was just saying he cares what fans think? I seriously doubt he would be a manager at all if it were inclined to break him. At least he cares no?!

He does seem like a good manager, just get too many Bobby M vibes though. Also, that story about him finding it hard to deal with fan criticism at Brighton leads me to believe he would be ground into dust by Evertonians.
That story has a"Baines was homesick" vibe to it. The way I read it he was just acknowledging that it is hard when you get stick from your own fans, not that he couldn't deal with it.

I feel like this is going to be like when Baines said he'd miss his kids if he went to a major tournament with England and didn't see them for a month and then for years everyone claimed he got homesick and had to come straight back from away matches because he couldn't bear to be outside an L postcode. Potter basically just said 'it's not very nice when people say you're a crap manager but it's part of the job' and it's somehow become akin to him saying he cries himself to every night because people are mean to him.

And here's me thinking it's an anti-English bias.

If only his name was Pottertino.
Hard to tell if it's because Potter is English or because he has PL experience. If he had neither going for him, nobody would be shouting to bring him in. Any popularity he has stems from him being from or having managed in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.