New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you think when we went on that run in December it was because we were a good team? Yes? Then yes I do.
I think we started off quite good and got worse as the season went on, we didnt play well for the last 6 months or so of the season, but we picked up results and with 3 weeks of the season left if we would have beaten some quite horrific sides we would have got the POINTS needed, cos you know, points are all that matter in May.

I think we started off quite good and got worse as the season went on, we didnt play well for the last 6 months or so of the season, but we picked up results and with 3 weeks of the season left if we would have beaten some quite horrific sides we would have got the POINTS needed, cos you know, points are all that matter in May.
But we didn't because you don't get POINTS all the time when you play poorly.

Look as I said I'll see you guys tomorrow. And the next day and the next day. One day it'll click, that the nature of football means that if you don't look past the result when evaluating the game you miss pretty much all of it.

So if we are playing great and losing games, like Brighton for example, that will be fine?

But if playing bad and winning games, like Carlo for example, thats not fine?

Im really confused here, I mean in all my years of watching the footy, I always thought that winning, losing and points were all that mattered in the game.

I was blind, but now, well.
Playing smart, intelligent football that is based on good coaching and losing. Is the same as playing dull outdated football that is based on getting your lad to train the players.

They both have the same outcome, inevitably things change.

Teams that play smart intelligent well coached football start winning whilst Carlo's teams start losing and he leaves.

Look as I said I'll see you guys tomorrow. And the next day and the next day. One day it'll click, that the nature of football means that if you don't look past the result when evaluating the game you miss pretty much all of it.
There were times under Martinez we played well and lost.

Football's funny like that.

Galtier = Bad XG. Just won the league with a team which has been selling their best players and continues to do so...usurping one of the richest and top teams in the world.

Potter = Good XG. Took Brighton to 15th and 16th with a 26% win rate.

#stats

Off Topic

I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own faeces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?

Playing smart, intelligent football that is based on good coaching and losing. Is the same as playing dull outdated football that is based on getting your lad to train the players.

They both have the same outcome, inevitably things change.

Teams that play smart intelligent well coached football start winning whilst Carlo's teams start losing and he leaves.
Yay, GwladysBlight is adding not inconsiderable insight to the discussion.

I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own faeces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?

This escalated quickly...

Galtier = Bad XG. Just won the league with a team which has been selling their best players and continues to do so...usurping one of the richest and top teams in the world.

Potter = Good XG. Took Brighton to 15th and 16th with a 26% win rate.

#stats
But Galtier has good stats...

Status
Not open for further replies.