Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops I thought it was that speed merchant Newcastle have who is always injured ...comes on & does well very fast .... yes we need a good right back ....
my mistake.... still would like that Wolves winger though lol

Ah Maxim the Newcastle winger mate, yeah easy mistake to make due to the name on the thread ;)

Buying a player from a relegated team is one thing trying to buy one just promoted into the Premiership is something totally different.
I have never understood why people would think that Norwich will accept selling an important player at this stage.
If they are relegated again in twelve months, maybe then.

I also think Carlo will sign a full back who can attack and create but above all can defend.
Carlo likes his teams to be able to defend a lead and he is from the age group of Italians where good defending is as prized as good attacking.

Wait 12months to sell him at the same or lower price and risk him getting injured.

OR

Sell now for big money, sign 2 replacements to improve the squad...possibly even selling them in 12months for profit as well.

And a young hungry one at that. Not one in a last payday.

I would go so far as to say that Gomes is a bigger disappointment overall than Siggurdsson.

Which is of course entirely the correct thing to do.
I am very reluctantly agreeing with you in totality.

At the beginning of this season it looked like he would finally start performing at his best on a more consistent basis. With Allan and Doucoure doing the dirty work for him, it looked like he would be freed up to spray it from deep, control the ball, keep it ticking over, and link defense and attack with good rhythm.

Unfortunately he is only able to reach 8/10 performances (thought he was on this level first game against Spurs) once or twice a season. The rest of the time he is a total passenger, nay, liability (how bad is he at tackling - just an automatic fouling machine). So frustrating when we press a team into a tight corner, and then Andre just bundles one of their midfielders over and they get a free pass.

Out

Fair do’s
I mean I follow a lot of what he says, ive not known him to be wrong, yet.

He of course has said for example "Everton are interested in Max Aarons", but then it changes. People accuse him of jumping on other peoples info, I mean hes not first to break every story, but for the last 18months or so, he hasnt been wrong, if he says somebody is signing, they sign.

I mean im defo a fanboy.

Bit disappointing given the link with Godfrey and his age and all that. Just a shame for us that Norwich did so well this season, you’d imagine he might give them a season to see how they do in the PL or else move to a Spurs or Arsenal for big money.

Either way I’m sure we’ll still be looking at a number of tight backs this summer, in fairness as many others have pointed out there’s far better value for money elsewhere like in France.

Bit disappointing given the link with Godfrey and his age and all that. Just a shame for us that Norwich did so well this season, you’d imagine he might give them a season to see how they do in the PL or else move to a Spurs or Arsenal for big money.

Either way I’m sure we’ll still be looking at a number of tight backs this summer, in fairness as many others have pointed out there’s far better value for money elsewhere like in France.

There may be better value for money abroad but theres a very limited amount of young high potential right backs out there.

Baku at Wolfsburg may not be able to defend well in Englsnd.

Celik at Lille is a good all rounder but not great at anything

Emerson at Barca has high potential and has done well for Betis

Beyond those three then were looking at smaller leagues.

Theres Brazilians who others have mentioned like Menino (Palmeiras) and Dodo (Shakhtar), Guga (Athletico Mineiro). All highly rated.

Right back is such a key position for us that im not sure if were able to take too much of a risk. For example Menino could be a good signing if we played him in midfield and used him as right back cover if needed.

£30mil is alot of money for a RB but looking at our back four we could have played Godfrey at right sided centre back next to him + then finally signed the elusive left sided centre back to complete the defence.

I think if we are spending £100mil plus sales this deal would have been indicative of this.

If Aarons has turned us down then id be quite surprised.

I mean I follow a lot of what he says, ive not known him to be wrong, yet.

He of course has said for example "Everton are interested in Max Aarons", but then it changes. People accuse him of jumping on other peoples info, I mean hes not first to break every story, but for the last 18months or so, he hasnt been wrong, if he says somebody is signing, they sign.

I mean im defo a fanboy.

If he’s got a good track record then fair enough. There’s so many insiders these days I lose track.

"Norwich wont sell their best players now theyve been promoted"

That aged well...
Reasonable shout though, can you name another instance of a team getting promoted and selling even one of their best players?

Status
Not open for further replies.