Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez tends to rely on one attacking full back and one who is solid defensively, doesn’t he?
In which case since we already have Digne in the attacking role I doubt we will be in for Aarons.
Price was probably prohibitive anyway.

I hope that’s not true. That’s been a big issue as we are too predictable and teams know we will usually attack down the left. Occasionally we would surprise teams if Coleman rolled back the years, but he can’t maintain it these days

Unfortunately Norwich have the poorest owners in the Premiership and were 23rd out of 24 in the Championship last season. So we have the self funding model!
Its frustrating for the fans but we have to put up with it as the majority owners are going nowhere!

I told this board last summer how good Godfrey was and you really should consider Aarons. If Arsenal sell Bellerin to Inter Milan then they might beat you to Max.

Yes exactly. Alot of posters here were saying that Norwich wouldnt sell players this window -- while i was of the opinion that if you achieved the price you wanted then you would sell and reinvest.

I think if you receive an offer of circa £30mil for Aarons then you would be mad not to take it. If Norwich can use the money to strengthen with 2 young players with high potential then it will serve you better.

Keep doing that successfully and you will have a premier league side able to stay up and grow.

depends what price they want the dutch rb is at half the price. 40/30 is alot of money to spend on a rb with ffp and other positions we need to spend on

He definitely won’t be now let’s be honest. Probably the same price so I’d go Aarons.

Has a release clause from psv sure its 13/14 mill

He likes good Aaron's, I'm just not sure we will spend the money that would be required on him mate.

If Dumfries is £13mil (release clause €15mil apparently) and Aarons is £30mil then it becomes a difficult question.

Based on Aarons profile, Id have him in a high line next to Godfrey at right sided centre back. I also think he could be a really good player as a wing back and give us an edge like Lamptey offered Brighton with his pace.

As for Dumfries, im not a big fan of his in terms of being someone who could push us into the top 4 with a cutting edge level of quality.

However for £13mil its such a low fee that hes worth going for even to end up as a squad player in a season or two.

For me though, id back the Aarons signing.

Doesn't this apply to us also? If we can get another right back in for 14m and another decent attacker/winger for 16m then it's better than blowing 30 million on just the one.

Yes but in reality id expect £30mil for 2 players to be enough for a side aiming to finish bottom half of the league above relegation.

If you look at the competition in the top 6 then theyre spending vastly more on players.

United spent £45mil + £5mil bonuses on Wan Bissaka.

City paid €65mil for Cancelo after already having Walker.

Chelsea were/are after Hakimi for £60mil while already having Reece James.

RS have TAA.

On the flip side, Spurs signed Matt Doherty for £13.5mil. Hes been an abject failure.

So, yes it would be ideal if we could spend £30mil on two players to go straight into our 11 and make an improvement on the side -- any average right back could do that -- but is that likely?

For me, id be comfortable going for £30mil Aarons.

Pickford
Aarons Godfrey ??? Digne
-- For me, this is a mouthwatering emerging front foot / positive defence with attacking intent.

Theres not many attackers who could beat that right hand side for pace...it just has the missing piece of one star centre back.

Yes exactly. Alot of posters here were saying that Norwich wouldnt sell players this window -- while i was of the opinion that if you achieved the price you wanted then you would sell and reinvest.

I think if you receive an offer of circa £30mil for Aarons then you would be mad not to take it. If Norwich can use the money to strengthen with 2 young players with high potential then it will serve you better.

Keep doing that successfully and you will have a premier league side able to stay up and grow.

If Dumfries is £13mil (release clause €15mil apparently) and Aarons is £30mil then it becomes a difficult question.

Based on Aarons profile, Id have him in a high line next to Godfrey at right sided centre back. I also think he could be a really good player as a wing back and give us an edge like Lamptey offered Brighton with his pace.

As for Dumfries, im not a big fan of his in terms of being someone who could push us into the top 4 with a cutting edge level of quality.

However for £13mil its such a low fee that hes worth going for even to end up as a squad player in a season or two.

For me though, id back the Aarons signing.
They have been on record they would sell him this year whether they achieved promotion or not, and more or less said same to him and asked for one more year. Therefore its only a matter of the asking price and as they aren't playing silly buggers shouldn't be hard to negotiate.

They have been on record they would sell him this year whether they achieved promotion or not, and more or less said same to him and asked for one more year. Therefore its only a matter of the asking price and as they aren't playing silly buggers shouldn't be hard to negotiate.

£30mil seems a fair price to me...if that is the price of course.

Some rumours before that we were in pole position / very keen / close to signing then Fab Romano said the deal was off.

Then some comments that he had turned us down -- which i find doubtful.

He and Godfrey as the right side of our defence for a combined £55mil seems like good business to me...

Maybe that's why he flogged him to Spurs in the first place as he thought he was crap.
Nuno adored Matt Doherty, played him as the wing back, Mourinho bought him to play in a four, totally negated his main attribute of arriving late into the box, Can't see Nuno going with a 4 at Spurs.

Screenshot_20210716_085424.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.