New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you suggest then? Also Leicester have built a good squad with good recruitment over many years, quite frankly we have not. So appointing a name manager with titles on their record won't instantly fix our squad. Carlo had more trophies than the lot and still couldn't get a tune out of them at home anyway..
It won't fix our squad but if we want to compete again, guys like Nuno, Moyes, Howe and even Rafael are not the ones. I like Gallardo, I don't know if he would leave River Plate as he rejected Barcelona but maybe Moshiri can entice him. Ten Haag I'm not sure on but hes worth a gamble. Conte obviously should be contacted. Rangnick might be persuaded to come out of retirement. Ernesto Valverde was the last success at Barca, and he's currently out of a job. Lucien Favre has greatly improved every club he's been with. Christophe Galtier is a free agent and he just won an underdog Lille team a title. The idea that Everton should accept their lot and not be ambitious is an insult to everything we have achieved in the past.

Pirlo is an arrogant pr!ck, who would definitely think he's better than the club
That attitude is not going to go down well with our fans or players and lead to dis-harmony
Someone like Scott Parker, Graham Potter / Eddie Howe would appreciate the opportunity being given and work their socks off to bring success - I know Pirlo's type - all flouncy hair and Euro-fashion. That ain't going to cut it at EFC.
Go back to RAWK mate

Spurs gambled on Pochettino.

He had "only" been at Espanyol and Southampton.

True he never won anything with them but he brought them to a level that we could just dream of currently.

Levy would have him back in an instant.

I'm not suggesting he is a contender for our job, but it does show the difference between going for the biggest name and choosing the right fit.

Evertonians are contradictory creatures. We demand our motto is lived up to, yet we think David Moyes is a viable candidate for our newly-vacant managerial position.

The idea that some unheralded young go-getter will come in, transform us, AND display irrational loyalty to us is fanciful in the extreme. EVERYBODY is passing through - in both football and in life. People talk about structure. The Director of Football - who is also passing through - gives us that, simply because he will pass through more slowly, on average, than our managers.

We have a billionaire (or two) funding the club right now. I would be amazed if they thought some promising mediocrity was the way to go now having lured Ancelotti to the club as the first genuine proof of our new status as an elite club in-waiting. People think we should go the Leicester route, as if Leicester were EVER our peers. Our peers have traditionally been Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At other times, Aston Villa, Leeds United, and Chelsea were direct rivals. Leicester? Nope, sorry. Admirable club, but their ceiling is far lower than ours. If our aim is to rejoin the top table, we will need to be aiming a little higher than Leicester.

Therefore, our wealthy owner, if truly ambitious and willing to live up to the club motto, should be looking to employ the best manager in the world. Who is that? Some say Guardiola, some say Ancelotti, some say Klopp or Simeone. We have, obviously, lost Carlo. We now, surely, will aim to replace a man of his vaunted achievement with somebody of a similar level of excellence and achievement. I'd expect feelers to go out to Simeone. I'd also expect us to contact Conte and see if we can pay him the salary Spurs couldn't and provide him with a compelling case for building his own side within or without the existing FFP rules. If we are unwilling to break the rules, we need to get the very best manager we can who will operate within those.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle United.

Great post!

True he never won anything with them but he brought them to a level that we could just dream of currently.

I'm not suggesting he is a contender for our job, but it does show the difference between going for the biggest name and choosing the right fit.

I dont think a big name woukd suit our squad. We need somone with mind control techniques to get thru to them i suggest Jordan Peterson

Maybe he was simply the wrong choice of manager but his tactics clearly didn't suit the players.
Ronaldo will always play when fit so any manager who isn't going to build the team around him will fail.
Admittedly I'm delighted because I despise Juve.
Until Chiellini and Ronaldo are gone I can't see them winning the scudetto again.

I think he adapted to suit the players...but the injuries and individuals let him down. Chiellini alone must have cost him half a dozen points.

Pirlo is an arrogant pr!ck, who would definitely think he's better than the club
That attitude is not going to go down well with our fans or players and lead to dis-harmony
Someone like Scott Parker, Graham Potter / Eddie Howe would appreciate the opportunity being given and work their socks off to bring success - I know Pirlo's type - all flouncy hair and Euro-fashion. That ain't going to cut it at EFC.

See below

Go back to RAWK mate
:)

He's also Southampton's most successful manager, and an extremely decorated player. If we are after young and hungry managers we can do better than Potter or Nuno. Potter wouldn't even give us stability as he has jumped ship for better jobs numerous times.

Rat alert

imagine registering on an Everton forum and pretending to be an Evertonian, you are one of life’s real winners.

I want Moyes me, feel we have tried with both ends of the spectrum with up an coming highly rated mangers and well know names, the ability Moyes had with getting the best out of players setting the bar high is enough to convince me untill dunc is ready to take over.
There are more managers in the world than just David Moyes and Duncan Ferguson mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.