New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Potter hasn't done enough for me he plays nice footy but it's very Martinez -esque in it's lack of end product in both boxes. Maybe in a few years if he has achieved more...
Brighton have been creating some of the most goal chances per game this season, they’re just poor at converting them.

talking about competing with Leicester... Leicester's managerial appointments are far more ambitious than ours. Raineri was obviously a risk but even then he had competed for titles in Italy and France. Claude Puel won titles in France with underdog teams, and Rodgers obviously pushed the RS far and won multiple trebles with Celtic. They won't accept 2nd-rate managers and yet we should be happy with Nuno and Moyes lol
Who do you suggest then? Also Leicester have built a good squad with good recruitment over many years, quite frankly we have not. So appointing a name manager with titles on their record won't instantly fix our squad. Carlo had more trophies than the lot and still couldn't get a tune out of them at home anyway..

Leicester are in a way better place than us at the moment. They have a rich owner, a very good manager, a great squad, and they are winning things. Now whether you want to
Admit it or not, they are another club we have to try and take over and we’re not even close.
Absolutely. They are an admirable club. My point is, if Everton is to be properly successful and return to its traditional position as one of the giant clubs of England, we will be speeding past admirable clubs like Leicester as a matter of course. Leicester is not, in any way shape or form, the benchmark for Everton. Our ceiling is way higher than that.

World class managers are great at world class clubs, with world class players, and world class resources...... Not Tom Davies, and Alex Iwobi. Let’s stop thinking Conte could get our team top 4 you glue sniffing maniacs.
I agree, I don’t think Conte is what we want at the minute.

So, how many Juventus games did you watch last year? What did you find wrong with Pirlo's tactics?

Do you think the injuries and ageing squad were an issue at all?

What an odd post.
Pirlo is an arrogant pr!ck, who would definitely think he's better than the club
That attitude is not going to go down well with our fans or players and lead to dis-harmony
Someone like Scott Parker, Graham Potter / Eddie Howe would appreciate the opportunity being given and work their socks off to bring success - I know Pirlo's type - all flouncy hair and Euro-fashion. That ain't going to cut it at EFC.

did alright last time.... was a breath of fresh air racing down the sidelines and willing the players on. When things weren't going well Carlo sat hunched over. Big Dunc is a top-class 'motivator'.... need some of that right now to get out of the 'post-Carlo Funk'

Top class motivator you say....
download.jpeg-4.jpg

Brands needs to make this recruitment. He then needs to set a style of play and find players to fit that mould. This then has to apply to our under teams too. We then just need a decent coach. So that way if anyone leaves we are okay. We carry on with the same ambition and same style with the next manager. This need to be what are director of football does, but I get the feeling Moshiri just hasn’t got a clue and just wants the big names at any
Cost.

I'm more in favour of Potter with each passing day. Decent experience, knows the league, young, progressive, articulate, suited to a rebuild.

If Spurs are still looking for a manager this time next week, he will come into serious contention for them I think.

Let's get in there and talk to him.

We’ll know soon enough anyway, the one thing we now know about Moshiri is that he will try for the big name manager. If we don’t get one, then they weren’t interested.

Poch would be ideal though.

Yup, and you have people equating Farhad Moshiri - a man who has pumped millions of pounds into the club - with Bill Kenwright - a man who oversaw a generational decline in the status of the club.

Big clubs show ambition. Big clubs also make mistakes, but when they do they attempt to rectify them. Moshiri can, like any leader, be criticised for many things, but up to now a lack of ambition or financial support has not been one of them.

Evertonians get outraged at suggestions that Southampton or West Ham or Leicester are comparable clubs. They spit fury when Sky exclude us from any discussion of title contenders when we sit in the top six. Yet, they scoff at genuine notions of ambition, such as the idea that Moshiri might attempt to contact somebody like Conte, despite the demonstrable proof of pulling the great Carlo Ancelotti from his hat 18 months ago. Big clubs, great clubs, contact the likes of Conte and Ancelotti when they have a vacancy. Are we not a big or great club? We sure like to tell ourselves that we are, yet we seem happiest when settling for modest figures like Moyes, Martinez, or Potter. It's as if we are afraid of being perceived as "too ambitious" and that there is a steady, methodical way to join the elite that is more enduring and permanent than simply throwing money at a demonstrably successful elite-level manager.

The facts are staring us in the face. The average managerial tenure is 18 months. Young, unheralded go-getters get poached just as much as elite megastar managers like Carlo. If a manager if not poached, he gets sacked. If he doesn't get poached, he's usually not done much to become attractive to the elite. Is that what we want? A steady mediocrity doing his best to ensure a 9th place finish each season isn't going to return us to the top table. If he's any good - and achieves, say, a surprise top four placing - he'll be snapped up by a bigger fish. So, let's stop demanding that the next man stays a decade at Everton. That really is not a realistic prerequisite. The only criteria should be: can this man be expected to improve us within 18 months? Because after that he - and we - is on borrowed time.
Man your on fire, another great post
We need to stop calling this a project. It’s just an excuse to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.