New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evertonians are contradictory creatures. We demand our motto is lived up to, yet we think David Moyes is a viable candidate for our newly-vacant managerial position.

The idea that some unheralded young go-getter will come in, transform us, AND display irrational loyalty to us is fanciful in the extreme. EVERYBODY is passing through - in both football and in life. People talk about structure. The Director of Football - who is also passing through - gives us that, simply because he will pass through more slowly, on average, than our managers.

We have a billionaire (or two) funding the club right now. I would be amazed if they thought some promising mediocrity was the way to go now having lured Ancelotti to the club as the first genuine proof of our new status as an elite club in-waiting. People think we should go the Leicester route, as if Leicester were EVER our peers. Our peers have traditionally been Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At other times, Aston Villa, Leeds United, and Chelsea were direct rivals. Leicester? Nope, sorry. Admirable club, but their ceiling is far lower than ours. If our aim is to rejoin the top table, we will need to be aiming a little higher than Leicester.

Therefore, our wealthy owner, if truly ambitious and willing to live up to the club motto, should be looking to employ the best manager in the world. Who is that? Some say Guardiola, some say Ancelotti, some say Klopp or Simeone. We have, obviously, lost Carlo. We now, surely, will aim to replace a man of his vaunted achievement with somebody of a similar level of excellence and achievement. I'd expect feelers to go out to Simeone. I'd also expect us to contact Conte and see if we can pay him the salary Spurs couldn't and provide him with a compelling case for building his own side within or without the existing FFP rules. If we are unwilling to break the rules, we need to get the very best manager we can who will operate within those.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle United.

Right on the money!

Yeah and finished 16th he is a promising coach but like Howe he would be eaten alive by our ground and players.
Whenever I've watched them they have played good football and if they had a decent striker they would be much further up the league.

On the other hand he just doesn't seem like an Everton manager.

But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced.

Just imagine:
*Conte rejects Tottenham because he doesn't believe they have the ability to win trophies anytime soon.

*Conte accepts Everton job.

Every journalist in football would be choking on their own hat that they have just stuffed into their own face with shock.

Inappropriate Language
Allardyce for me and £ 200M to spend, guarantee Europe next year with him.
While I'm on, it will be good if Henderson doesn't make it fitness-wise, because there won't be a RS
to be seen. I believe that we have a marvellous chance with all the great players we have. The Bookies
have England 8th in the betting, so I hope they are wrong.
Kinhell.. woke up there feeling all positive, heard the birds tweeting, its guna be a lovely day, doing a little barbie in the garden later and then read that [Poor language removed]!! Alla-[Poor language removed]-dyce.. come on have a day off!!!
Quite surreal listening to the Toffee Blues USA how excited they are to go and watch Everton in Florida while the rest of us are like Koff Everton just liquidate already lol
Give them a few games of watchin iwobi live and they will be with us...

What are your thoughts on Pirlo?
Love the player. I like his thoughts on football. But have no idea how good he is at teaching his thoughts on how to play football and how he is with the players. He struggled with some negative elements in the locker room at Juventus.

The positive thing is that he has all the prerequisites to understand what it is like to be a professional football player, and he has a clear and modern philosophy He can also speak English. At Everton, he will automatically get a lot of respect from the players.

The downside is that he lacks experience, and the job at Everton is, to put it mildly, a challenge. I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm not entirely against the idea either. I think choosing a manager is incredibly difficult, and glad it's not my job.

Evertonians are contradictory creatures. We demand our motto is lived up to, yet we think David Moyes is a viable candidate for our newly-vacant managerial position.

The idea that some unheralded young go-getter will come in, transform us, AND display irrational loyalty to us is fanciful in the extreme. EVERYBODY is passing through - in both football and in life. People talk about structure. The Director of Football - who is also passing through - gives us that, simply because he will pass through more slowly, on average, than our managers.

We have a billionaire (or two) funding the club right now. I would be amazed if they thought some promising mediocrity was the way to go now having lured Ancelotti to the club as the first genuine proof of our new status as an elite club in-waiting. People think we should go the Leicester route, as if Leicester were EVER our peers. Our peers have traditionally been Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool. At other times, Aston Villa, Leeds United, and Chelsea were direct rivals. Leicester? Nope, sorry. Admirable club, but their ceiling is far lower than ours. If our aim is to rejoin the top table, we will need to be aiming a little higher than Leicester.

Therefore, our wealthy owner, if truly ambitious and willing to live up to the club motto, should be looking to employ the best manager in the world. Who is that? Some say Guardiola, some say Ancelotti, some say Klopp or Simeone. We have, obviously, lost Carlo. We now, surely, will aim to replace a man of his vaunted achievement with somebody of a similar level of excellence and achievement. I'd expect feelers to go out to Simeone. I'd also expect us to contact Conte and see if we can pay him the salary Spurs couldn't and provide him with a compelling case for building his own side within or without the existing FFP rules. If we are unwilling to break the rules, we need to get the very best manager we can who will operate within those.

It's a big world out there. There is no way in hell that David Moyes, Steven Gerrard, Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, or Nuno Espirito Santo is the best manager in the world for Everton Football Club. No managerial appointment is guaranteed to work. Carlo's 18 months of stodgy stabilisation proves that. But if Everton want to project an image of themselves as a club with serious ambitions, wealth, and pulling power, then a manager befitting that exciting prospectus must be sourced. Failing that, let's get Moyes back from West Ham and accept our status as a less-dysfunctional Newcastle United.
Stirring speech, almost got goosebumps reading it but then the pragmatist in me took over.
These big names want huge money to spend immediately and I’m not sure our board want to continue to flout FFP therefore our strategy doesn’t allow for that type of manager.
There’s nothing wrong with going for a manager whose not a superstar who would be the right candidate for what we are doing now, which as far as I knew was bringing our costs in line, trimming the wage bill whilst spending wisely in the priority positions. If we can do that and still get into Europe that would be relative success and we build gradually.
I’m not suggesting Nuno is the answer but I also don’t think a Conte, Sarri or Poch is either for what we are trying to do...
Pie in the sky stuff leads to disappointment.

Whenever I've watched them they have played good football and if they had a decent striker they would be much further up the league.

On the other hand he just doesn't seem like an Everton manager.

Why hasn’t he bought a striker in the two years he’s been there then? And there are Premier League teams with much worse strikers than Maupay tbh, some of which finished higher than Brighton.

Why do you keeping bringing Moyes up?. No one in here is saying they want Moyes. People just don’t think Conte is a good idea.
People think we are no better then getting a Moyes or a Potter or a Nuno and everyone else is a pipe dream
Who do u want?

Status
Not open for further replies.