New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes will probably keep us in the premier league, but nothing more than that (in terms of winning stuff). Nuno will get us relegated. Eddie Howe is this generations Alan Curbishley. Big Dunc = Big Risk (unproven and nothing to suggest he would be a success). Benitez, worth a punt. Conte, should have gone for him but he was probably already as good as at Spurs. The others; never heard of them. Having said that, do you take a punt on an unknown, who might win you something/get you relegated or go for the 'safe' option, who will keep you up with e
As we cannot get Conte...the next available manager that as won things is Benitez...but people not happy to go for him.
ndless mid-table to seventh finishes?

Foreign websites saying we are going to appoint NES .
I'll back him if he does but what a boring appointment that would be . Had a hugely underwhelming season and I thought he had only left because he wanted to go home .
Regarding Dunc , I wouldn't mind him becoming manager and it's not a " stupid " shout for someone to say they would love him to have the top job . He would need an experienced assistant at least though . Wouldn't be my top pick but hopefully passion can get some results . The romantic pick .
I wouldn't mind Potter either . He's been around a bit and performed miracles in Sweden with a very unlikely club . I understand the shouts of " farmers league " though but he's done okay at Brighton where he lost arguably his best wideman and he didn't have a good forward line .
More I have looked at Gallardo , more he interests me although he's not likely to have his head turned by our sexy club . Would be interesting ride for sure .
Conte , if only .
Moyes , I wouldn't mind either . One , just to annoy the cockneys and two he does have a lot of experience and has some history in the club . Would be great though to see what Bill's reaction would be .

...I always think of Giggs & Beckham as the first of the modern day wide players. They worked tremendously hard the full length of the pitch within that 5 yard tramline, both carrying real threat when in possession whilst supporting their full back. Really hard work.

I read in SAF book that Giggs only won 5 penalties in his entire Utd career such was his balance & reluctance to go to ground.

It's strange though, in that those sort of players have sort of gone out of fashion currently or at least aren't utilised in the same way. I always thought Beckham lacked a yard of pace to be a top player, but was a very good one. I could imagine he would play at right back now with the way the fad is for modern fullbacks to be attacking players.

Giggs I think would be played across a front 3, quite possibly from the right side. He would be arguably more valuable in today's game.

I ain’t settling for 7th why should we?

I ain’t having my expectations for what this club should be cut in half by him and Blue Bill again.

Its happened once and it’s created a lot of zombie fans who don’t believe in NSNO but it could be worse we could be Pompey attitude.

He comes back it’s curtains for this club ever being a force in football again

I said it a few pages back, but i'll say it again.

This is an entire rebuild job, if we're being completely honest. The new manager needs to come in, and tear it all down, have a complete clear out (Within limits, so we don't actually go down), and start again.

The only way you stop the rot, is by cutting out the problems, and we've got so many of them. But our problem is, we, as fans, and seemingly Moshiri too, aren't patient enough for this.

Leicester after winning the league, had some mid table efforts, and then revitalised the squad from the one which won the league, and focussed on changing to a younger, more dynamic players. We've got to approach this similarly, if we want to genuinely change the culture. You don't succeed with lazy, uninterested mercenaries, and we've got more than ever.

I said it a few pages back, but i'll say it again.

This is an entire rebuild job, if we're being completely honest. The new manager needs to come in, and tear it all down, have a complete clear out (Within limits, so we don't actually go down), and start again.

The only way you stop the rot, is by cutting out the problems, and we've got so many of them. But our problem is, we, as fans, and seemingly Moshiri too, aren't patient enough for this.

Leicester after winning the league, had some mid table efforts, and then revitalised the squad from the one which won the league, and focussed on changing to a younger, more dynamic players. We've got to approach this similarly, if we want to genuinely change the culture. You don't succeed with lazy, uninterested mercenaries, and we've got more than ever.

TBF that is what Brands is apparently focused on doing.

Left field, if we’re looking for managers who know what the premier league is all about, Ralph Hassenhuttl has done a good job at Southampton. No budget, small squad, has a clear plan and identity. They fall away with injuries generally but maybe with more resources and a bigger squad could do a job.

Didn’t work out too well last time we nicked a Southampton manager though...shudder.

if the Athletic article is anything to go by (I for one, am dubious), it's back to plucky little underdog Everton for us. Everton Football Club: leave your ambition at the door.

Starting to come round to Nuno.

I can see him doing a job at us PLUS if it means we get that Pedro Neto then all will be well. Throw in Wily Boly and Neves, Gomes goes the other way, and the jobs a good un.

Cheers

Neto didn't come because of Nuno, he came because of Jorge Mendes.

A Wolves fan, posted earlier that Nuno was too loyal to Mendes too, so for every Neto, you get a Fabio Silva.... which I really, really don't want.

Left field, if we’re looking for managers who know what the premier league is all about, Ralph Hassenhuttl has done a good job at Southampton. No budget, small squad, has a clear plan and identity. They fall away with injuries generally but maybe with more resources and a bigger squad could do a job.

Didn’t work out too well last time we nicked a Southampton manager though...shudder.
good job? he battled relegation with them this season and most of their fans want him out.

if the Athletic article is anything to go by (I for one, am dubious), it's back to plucky little underdog Everton for us. Everton Football Club: leave your ambition at the door.

Notice how the Athletic never report anything before the event.
There articles all appear to be after. Amazing really considering they apparently get all the details.

TBF that is what Brands is apparently focused on doing.

Not efficiently enough, unfortunately.

I get that we weren't going to throw the book at Sigurdsson for example and tell him to go, when he wasn't perceived as "terrible" until realistically this season (I've never liked him, but this is an overall conclusion).

He's tried to fill holes, and has got some very much right, but so many wrong. It's criminal that our top wingers are Bernard and Iwobi, and Coleman is still our right back. We're too cautious about it, and as long as you've got ageing players, and uninterested players, they're going to continue to seep negativity through the squad.

Take your Digne, Godfrey, DCL, and Build around them, a rebuild can't consist of Sigurdsson still consistently getting minutes.

Rather than chuck names into the ring I will set out the type of manager that I think we need.

1. A manager on an upward trajectory. Not one at the start of their career nor a superstar manager who has nothing to prove.That rules out the likes of Lampard, Ferguson and even Conte ( the only reason he'd come is for the wedge and he would leave like a shot when a better opportunity arose)

2. A manager who is not wedded to one particular type of player eg will only pick experienced pros. That rules out Ancelotti lol.

3. A manager who doesn't play anti football. He does not have to have a reckless Martinez like attack at all costs philosophy but equally doesn't play parasite football like Mourinho. For me that probably rules out Nuno and people like Dyche.

4.A manager whose hunger and desire to win will be replicated by the players.

5. A manager without any baggage that would alienate the fanbase.That rules out Rafael and Gerrard

It leaves us with a relatively short list all of which are foreign.

I think it's time to take a chance on someone who had done well elsewhere but is desperate to prove themselves in the Prem and create a legacy at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.