New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain’t settling for 7th why should we?

I ain’t having my expectations for what this club should be cut in half by him and Blue Bill again.

Its happened once and it’s created a lot of zombie fans who don’t believe in NSNO but it could be worse we could be Pompey attitude.

He comes back it’s curtains for this club ever being a force in football again

Like it or not we are in a complete mess. We have got FFP stopping us spending loads again. Other teams will spend much more for the coming season. The squad we have currently is great compared to others. Not sure we can finish higher than 7th until we replace the dead wood

Moyes will probably keep us in the premier league, but nothing more than that (in terms of winning stuff). Nuno will get us relegated. Eddie Howe is this generations Alan Curbishley. Big Dunc = Big Risk (unproven and nothing to suggest he would be a success). Benitez, worth a punt. Conte, should have gone for him but he was probably already as good as at Spurs. The others; never heard of them. Having said that, do you take a punt on an unknown, who might win you something/get you relegated or go for the 'safe' option, who will keep you up with endless mid-table to seventh finishes?

...I think he had more of an ethic than a particular playing model.

I remember watching an Everton v Man Utd Lancashire League game at Bellefield many years ago. SAF was standing on the line just a yard or so away from me. The Everton staff were using all the usual ‘safe’ coaching phrases but when a very young Ryan Giggs was in possession, Ferguson encouraged him to “take him on”, “enjoy yourself”, “don’t worry about losing it”.

I remember it to this day, such a stark contrast in approach. Throw away the manual, don’t play with fear, let youngsters express themselves.

His sales pitch to Roy Keane, (who had already said "yes" to Blackburn), was genius.

"Without you, we will dominate England anyway. With you, we will win in Europe". Puts THAT 1989 CL semi performance at Juventus into some perspective.

Anyrate. Not a clue what Everton are even looking for, which is a worry.

Like it or not we are in a complete mess. We have got FFP stopping us spending loads again. Other teams will spend much more for the coming season. The squad we have currently is great compared to others. Not sure we can finish higher than 7th until we replace the dead wood
No we don't thats dead in the water, it's about to be replaced.. the best thing about replacing laws is that it can't be backdated, this is the year to spend huge.

...I think he had more of an ethic than a particular playing model.

I remember watching an Everton v Man Utd Lancashire League game at Bellefield many years ago. SAF was standing on the line just a yard or so away from me. The Everton staff were using all the usual ‘safe’ coaching phrases but when a very young Ryan Giggs was in possession, Ferguson encouraged him to “take him on”, “enjoy yourself”, “don’t worry about losing it”.

I remember it to this day, such a stark contrast in approach. Throw away the manual, don’t play with fear, let youngsters express themselves.
Ferguson was a leader of people. He brought in new coaching in all the time to harness the talent he had but his job was to manage the club and lead.
I saw a clip of one his lectures (i think at Harvard) where he spoke about the importance of the person rather than the player. People were simple to communicate with, to manage, to understand where as Players came with reputations, agents and entourages. He used Cantona as an example saying that the player was controversial but the person simple. All great soundbites and probably wouldn't wash with todays modern player but to understand the brilliance of the man and what he did you only need to hear ex players talk about him and how he was a father figure.

that is exactly what I meant

...I always think of Giggs & Beckham as the first of the modern day wide players. They worked tremendously hard the full length of the pitch within that 5 yard tramline, both carrying real threat when in possession whilst supporting their full back. Really hard work.

I read in SAF book that Giggs only won 5 penalties in his entire Utd career such was his balance & reluctance to go to ground.

Like it or not Moyes was going to take over before we decided to go with Ancelotti. One of the problems we have is FFP. Moyes has shown with West Ham last season he does not need loads of money to challenge for top 6....to get into top 4 he will. It will take us 2 years at least to sort out FFP. Would we be happy with finishing 7th for next two seasons while FFP is sorted with Moyes as manager? Moyes has again shown last season he can find good players to play in the premiership. We have wasted so much money. Ask West Ham fans when they went for a proven winner in Pellegrino and it never worked. West Ham were big enough to re-employe Moyes.
Who says FFP is an issue ? We don’t know what the rules are moving forward.

Moyes will have half the fan base against him from day 1. One poor run and one white flag raised at Anfield and he will be done .

It will be a bad move and will only end badly.

Starting to come round to Nuno.

I can see him doing a job at us PLUS if it means we get that Pedro Neto then all will be well. Throw in Wily Boly and Neves, Gomes goes the other way, and the jobs a good un.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.