New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galtier. He's worked miracles at Lille and he's available.

If not him, then:
Gasperini
Kovac
Ten Hag
De Zerbi
Wildcard - Thomas Frank

Wouldn't be unhappy with Potter, Rangnick or Hasenhuttl

De Zerbi wins the Derby sounds nice.

Don't know who Frank is.

Hasenhuttl and Plopper........nah not for me.

I don't think anyone we will get will have any major draw with players. Ancelotti was a special case in that regard.

We will have to use the old fashioned way of chucking money at them, which is fine if it's the right player.
Ancelotti could attract OAPs quicker than a full bag of Werthers Originals.
Kinell, I’ve been on here since 2012 and this is easily one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on here.
check my postín history- that comment is offensive to me

11 years at Everton, exited in a graceful way and still hold Everton in high regards. I don't know what else loyalty is.

Just cos he went after Baines afterwards makes him disloyal?

Could anyone see Moyes genuinely not trying his hardest to make Everton what he couldn't achieve from 2007 to 2013 cos of financial constrains?

He has his ex-players in the background, the likes of Dunc, Baines and Coleman soon who know what the DNA is.

After 3 piss poor appointments in last 5 years, isn't it time to go for the trusted option for at least 3 more years? It may not work but is there any guarantee going for someone else will?

Or should we keep going for exotic names, hoping one of the gambles pays off?
I don’t think it was simply that he went after Baines that was the issue. It was that not long before he left we supposedly rejected offers for him and Moyes was clear that they the offers weren’t good enough.

Then as soon as he leaves he/Man U lowball us for him and then comes out in the media saying we are holding back his career.

Trying to buy a player from your former club is fine, but have some class about it and don’t be a massive hypocrite.

The Gerrard shouts are really annoying me now. Take away everything else and just think about it logically, if it were Ally McCoist who'd won the title with Rangers it would've got 2 minutes worth of coverage on Sky. Man wins 2-team league when only rival has their worst season for 20 odd years, cracking.

Silva won a pub league (Greece) as well, and a cup in Portugal. Got about 10 good performances out of Hull and Watford respectively too. Yet everyone is/was unanimous that he shouldn't have got anywhere close to the job due to his lack of achievements and experience. Stevie Me has even less to show, yet some seriously think he should be considered if he wasn't who he was?

Stop sniffing glue.

The Gerrard shouts are really annoying me now. Take away everything else and just think about it logically, if it were Ally McCoist who'd won the title with Rangers it would've got 2 minutes worth of coverage on Sky. Man wins 2-team league when only rival has their worst season for 20 odd years, cracking.

Silva won a pub league (Greece) as well, and a cup in Portugal. Got about 10 good performances out of Hull and Watford respectively too. Yet everyone is/was unanimous that he shouldn't have got anywhere close to the job due to his lack of achievements and experience. Stevie Me has even less to show yet some seriously think he's on our shortlist?

Stop sniffing glue.
Yep, it's like saying we should be in for neil Lennon after winning a few titles in Scotland with celtic. Scottish football is at league 1 level, at best, and more likely league 2. Should we be scouring those 2 leagues for managers?...nah...Doing well in Scotland means absolutely nothing as a yardstick when trying to appoint a premier league manager.

Silva won a pub league (Greece) as well, and a cup in Portugal. Got about 10 good performances out of Hull and Watford respectively too. Yet everyone is/was unanimous that he shouldn't have got anywhere close to the job due to his lack of achievements and experience. Stevie Me has even less to show, yet some seriously think he should be considered if he wasn't who he was?

Stop sniffing glue.
I reckon the Gerrard links are purely media based as they provide great click rates. Angry fans on both sides will do wonders for their traffic

I don’t think it was simply that he went after Baines that was the issue. It was that not long before he left we supposedly rejected offers for him and Moyes was clear that they the offers weren’t good enough.

Then as soon as he leaves he/Man U lowball us for him and then comes out in the media saying we are holding back his career.

Trying to buy a player from your former club is fine, but have some class about it and don’t be a massive hypocrite.

This is where we need to let go of the emotional petty issues behind and not let them come in between fot the club's sake.

Football is a business mate. Even if all managers attend Harvard Ethics School, making such statements does not make them any less in today's world.

Hypothetically, imagine if Rafael Benitez comes in, ends up winning Carabao Cup for all I care. 10 years down the line, the mewer generation would remember him as one who won our 1st trophy in 25+ years. Or would they rather we not win a cup cos he once called us a 'small club'.

Let sentimemts be on one side, grow up as a fanbase and club and be a 70% business, 30% emotional club. We are currently 80% emotional and 20% business minded club, ready to fill out our 'hurt feelings form' as any one who offends us.

there seems to be a lot of potter interest, understandably so if youre an XG advocate.

but the thing is potter has undershot his XG in his last 3 seasons now, so its pretty safe to say that the XG models miss something in his system:

20/21 understat xpos 5th, actual pos 16th, 20 points short of xpts
19/20 understat xpos 13th, actual pos 15th, 7 points short of xpts
18/19 infogol xpos 5th, actual pos 10th

and he isnt a one off example. it obviously misses something in simeones system too:

athleti last 5 seasons off understat:

xpos 5 actual pos 1 ( 20 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3
xpos 5 actual pos 2 ( 16 pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 2 ( 17pts over xpts )
xpos 3 actual pos 3 ( 9 pts over xpts )

and theres others too, dyche is another example

so would you say XG models, which are still relatively new, still have some flaws and dont catch everything quite right? or do you believe that some managers are just always lucky, and some are always unlucky?

as ( generally ) a sane. logical person, i find it really difficult to believe the latter.

and if XG didnt exist, would anyone be saying potter?

This is where we need to let go of the emotional petty issues behind and not let them come in between fot the club's sake.

Football is a business mate. Even if all managers attend Harvard Ethics School, making such statements does not make them any less in today's world.

Hypothetically, imagine if Rafael Benitez comes in, ends up winning Carabao Cup for all I care. 10 years down the line, the mewer generation would remember him as one who won our 1st trophy in 25+ years. Or would they rather we not win a cup cos he once called us a 'small club'.

Let sentimemts be on one side, grow up as a fanbase and club and be a 70% business, 30% emotional club. We are currently 80% emotional and 20% business minded club, ready to fill out our 'hurt feelings form' as any one who offends us.
I agree. I’m not saying we shouldn’t go for Moyes because of past issues. I’m just saying that it’s not as simple as “he went for Baines”. It was his behaviour around it. I think we all enjoyed it when they had to overpay for Fellaini because they were dicking about trying to get Baines too. Football is tribal and irrational. That’s never going to change.

If he is genuinely our best option then I’d be fine having him back. Same way I would have Benitez and even Gerrard if they were the best options.

I just don’t think he is the best option and his behaviour after leaving did change many of our opinions about him.

My hope for the choice of a new manager is that we have evolved into a club that can attract a proven winner, not a promising manager, not a potential winner but an actual winner. We had a winner in Carlo, that is the way we have decided to go let us now not change tack and go for someone who has proven himself to be an also ran. Get in a winner, we already have enough also fans at the club.

Galtier. He's worked miracles at Lille and he's available.

If not him, then:
Gasperini
Kovac
Ten Hag
De Zerbi
Wildcard - Thomas Frank

Wish I had a friggin clue who any of them are o_O such is my European knowledge. Sound like chess players.

Status
Not open for further replies.