Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish we would
cancel contracts
younger players
DoF works on a strategy
Young inexperienced manager but world class coaching & fitness staff
Behind the scenes revamp
Cancel contracts isn't really a thing legally speaking, but a big yes to a lot of those. A strategy especially, just imagine.

But they do, and they’re seen as important by data analysts, scouts, directors of football etc. Less so by the Everton Da’s.

I don’t particularly want Potter, but the fact remains that Brighton are significantly better than their short term results imply (and a season IS short term, in a statistical sense)

Does anyone know the exact qualification to become an Everton Da
I've got a 7 month old and 3 year old, and I swing between extremes of optimism and despair. but i love DCL

All this talk of a new manager is at least somewhat exciting. A new start. Who will it be. Will it be someone who likes good attacking football. And then....
I remember what a bunch of average often gutless squad we have and its straight back down to earth with a bump.
Optimism to bipolar in the space of a few seconds.
The problem is now though we are going to have yet another season of people saying it's only the managers first season they aren't his players rec etc excuse after excuse for a badly constructed squad. That's why I wanted one manager for at least two to three seasons the chopping and changing is killing any chance of progress.

Yes maybe, but there's a lot of ifs buts and maybes. We need results and I'm not sure he's someone who can deliver them.
WE DO NOT NEED TO PRIORITIZE RESULTS.

Sorry about the all caps, but that's what caused the Carlo mess. We need to focus on getting better. Results will come in time if we do that.

The problem is now though we are going to have another season of saying it's only the managers first season they aren't his players rec etc excuse after excuse for a badly constructed squad.

But that doesn't happen to other clubs? Other clubs expect at least an improvement or change within weeks...only we don't seem to ever see that.

Bar Ancellotti, every manager we've appointed since moyes have been ones that didn't feel quite right but you hoped the board new something more than we did.
The names being mentioned are exactly the same, and you just feel we are about to make another mistake.

So for me, we need to go all out for Conte, and if not that then someone like Sarri. We definitely need a big character to change the mindset of our squad.
I am ready for a lot of abuse but here we go.
We are a club desperate to make the next step but not a big 'brand in todays terms. Hungry as hell, playing in the PL and have a bit of cash. We need a name who is equally hungry , an aggressive winner with a point to prove. One with enough experience and promise to give us a massive kick up the ass. Steven Gerrard

Sorry about the all caps, but that's what caused the Carlo mess. We need to focus on getting better. Results will come in time if we do that.

that would be very innovative too.
Publish, communicate and get the whole club behind the strategy that we are in it for long-term improvement, and anything is fine for a final position

How can anybody really put a case forward for Graham bloody Potter, its breathtaking that people even utter his name.
I can see why people are mentioning him and the reasons at the moment are very stat based, although given the resources they work from they are impressive tbf. What Potter needs to do is get a half decent striker into Brighton and have a season with them first and show if he can actually back it all up, then he will probably get on the radar of bigger clubs and rightly so.

The only thing I care about is whether we win or not every weekend. You get nothing for playing half decent but losing. I've never enjoyed a loss where we played well but I've enjoyed plenty of wins where we've not played great.

Status
Not open for further replies.