2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you overlook the fact that he was being paid a reported £11mill per year to sort out the mess. Also he had said he had always wanted a project to build a club. He has only just begun that job and within the past 2 weeks had rubbished the Real reports. These factors go to the heart of his integrity or lack of.

If he was years younger and making his way in management, I could maybe understand. He is not and has been eminently successful. If he destroys that reputation at a time in his life when money cannot be an issue then I find it sad and any such decision inexcusable.

I also think, again if true, that he has shown utter disrespect to Moshiri who despite his faults ahas shown him nothing but support.

I cling to the hope he states he wishes to remain with us.

You get paid money to do the job while you're there, it's not a future guarantee. Football clubs are always happy to offload players who are on long contracts when they don't want them anymore, we shouldn't expect too much loyalty the other way round. We all know a big pay cheque was one of the main carrots to get him to join us. It wasn't the squad or our place in the league was it ?

It's not like he's even leaving for money. Football is about winning and he's got an infinitely better chance of doing that there than here.

Sadly I think some people get sucked in to the nice things managers say in press conferences.

1622565116811.png

Swear our board only know of the existence of about 10 managers in world football. We don’t half have some uninspiring links and appointments.

Absolutely. From Allardyce to Ancelotti with Silva in between.

That reads like reeking in desperation, pinning the tail on the donkey, and a blaze of glory respectively.

There must be some candidate(s) who can take the job by the scruff of the neck and look at least half-competent for a few years running.

Anyone would think we're demanding the treble year on year.....

Any reminance of the last four regimes need firing into the sun - that includes Brands, Dunc, Siggy, delph, iwobi etc, etc - a line needs drawing before anything meaningful can be built by anyone here. Carlo one of the most successful managers of all time has seen his ars** in less than 18 months- there is a clear cancer in the club that needs weeding out.

Can’t believe people are that surprised that he’s jumped ship to Real Madrid

The lad played 5 at the back against crap sides and was more negative than fat Sam. He made the strangest squad selections and substitutions at times.

I never saw an iota of passion from him during the matches. The only time I remember him showing any passion was when he got sent off against Man Utd. The game against Sheffield United was embarrassing with big dunc constantly in Carlo’s ear telling him what was going wrong and that he had to change the system.

Man needed fans in order to win games at home. He couldn’t manage a squad collectively worth 500 + mil to one single victory at home without fans.

Much rather have a young hungry passionate manager in charge of us that has eyes and can clearly see that sigurdsson and Gomes need shipping off than some old hippy living off his former glory days and would rather put two goalkeepers on the bench than give our youth players a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.