2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board appointed him!

You are kicking off about stuff that you (or anyone else) know nothing about. It's a sloppy rumour from a random twitter account.

Nobody in a job in any walk of life would be doing that, it's a sackable offence and a snide thing to do.

If he is going its because Madrid have came in, nothing else.
But Carlo quoted last week he was committed to the project. Was it lies? Was he lied to? Was he using Everton. Was the board lying to him about the project.But he is not committed for whatever reason .

Exactly as you say. I know nothing. You know nothing.We know nothing. None of us. Is that not the serious problem though? We cannot trust anything about the way our club is being run. Should we not at least deserve that?

Interesting that the club dont seem that bothered - maybe Brands/the owners weren't that impressed and when Real came sniffing thought "take the compo and start over" or maybe im giving the board too much credit there?

Had they needed to have sacked him next season it would have cost over £30+ million maybe they looked at the performances and thought it wasn't going to work with him/the squad?

Its a decent shout this, every chance this has happened.

Some chat about the meeting about transfers not going well too....so you never know.

Nc4T.gif

Not just twitter nonsense now mate.

On contract...

Could have a clause.
If not, they could find the money.

Could have a gentleman's agreement.

Either way, if he does say he wants to leave - nice guys finish 10th Everton don't stand in his way.
Its still ifs buts & maybes why eave to a club struggling financially? plus his finnish for
He can resign.
If he does good riddence 1o0th FGS he hardly pulled up any trees did he , but I would have liked one more season with him ......

Re: his comments about not going to Madrid. Maybe something’s changed regarding summer plans and he’s just had enough. Imagine being told you’re gonna have to make do with Iwobi Sigurdsson and Gomes next season

If true this would be an utter utter embarrassment for us, there's no sugar coating it at all.
I bet Klopp is feeling sick. He'd have gone too if offered it. No embarassment at all. Any more than the RS being embarassed when Salah soon moves to Madrid.

We absolutely need Brands to prove his worth here. No clean slates for the likes of Iwobi, Bernard, Gomes etc. He needs to tell any replacement that they’re off if a decent offer comes in.

Gutting this. James will leave for sure. Everton make it incredibly hard not to just give up.
There is a manager out there who could make all three of those useful pieces of a squad.

TBF, a lot of those who wanted Ancelotti to stay should have realised this was a possibility - he's still very much a big name manager so him hanging around long term was always a dicey proposition.

...I suspect the Moyes links are lazy rather than informed. He looks a good fit at West Ham, I’m not sure he’d want to come back although i presume he still has his house in Preston.

No way would he come back here right now.

We are his back up plan. He would have jumped at the chance when he was on the dole (or even worse, at Sunderland). He is doing well at West Ham so there is no chance he will come back here with all the stuff that has gone on since he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.