2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atletico at one stage were interested. But he went with Carlo because obviously had a good relationship and he knew if he had injuries like he did this season, he could manage them both in game and also when to play him.

it just so happened that he wasn’t right at all for the last 3 or 4 months. He was fine at the start of the season. It was a gamble to take him, now the club needs to make sure they have a backup if he can’t play all the time.

I know some people want to get rid, but where are you getting a similar player from. Look at the difference between him and Siggy...
This is the problem, if he's out (and he probably will be) for half the season, we need to bring another top player to play his position.. a top player who will be happy to play second fiddle and only play when James doesn't want to. Where do we get top player to come in under those conditions? We won't! so that leaves us playing half a season with somebody like Sig in probably the most important position on the pitch.
What have we lacked all season (and for years) 'consistency', what does James offer... the complete opposite. He destabilizes our style and our season, and that's before we even mention his preferential treatment.

During the season, they can’t go anywhere, the ones living abroad can’t go back to their home country. They also play internationals during breaks and in the off season, letting James or any player go early is not unreasonable.

I’m sorry but it was disrespectful that he wasn’t at the Wolves game. Coleman was on the bench v City and was clearly injured.

If you are being paid 100k a week then it’s not unreasonable to suggest he turns up to the games.

Did our players look up for the biggest game of the season yesterday or did they look like a group that had seen it’s best player fly off to South America because he couldn’t really be arsed?

This is the problem, if he's out (and he probably will be) for half the season, we need to bring another top player to play his position.. a top player who will be happy to play second fiddle and only play when James doesn't want to. Where do we get top player to come in under those conditions? We won't! so that leaves us playing half a season with somebody like Sig in probably the most important position on the pitch.
What have we lacked all season (and for years) 'consistency', what does James offer... the complete opposite. He destabilizes our style and our season, and that's before we even mention his preferential treatment.

I don't think you need to bring in a top player though, though I wouldn't complain if we got it - you bring in a squad player, preferrably an attacking winger that plays right sided like James that provides service for DCL. Somebody younger like 20 or so, that's going to step up to take James' role in a couple of years. He just needs to play 20 games this year, 30 the next.

I'm not going to complain if we get Coutinho or Dybala. :)

Just posted a video of him coming on as a sub for his local amateur team in Colombia today but then he deleted. Might be a charity game or something.

Part of the reason why we got him for free was because he had to finish this season early and has to go on a tour of all Colombian 1st division zingari league teams and play at least 5 minutes of each one by this weekend to raise awareness of Amateur football in Colombia.

I’m sorry but it was disrespectful that he wasn’t at the Wolves game. Coleman was on the bench v City and was clearly injured.

If you are being paid 100k a week then it’s not unreasonable to suggest he turns up to the games.

Did our players look up for the biggest game of the season yesterday or did they look like a group that had seen it’s best player fly off to South America because he couldn’t really be arsed?
I don't think it is a big deal to be honest. If injured season is over so why not, if given permission, shoot off early. It is not like they live local

Fully appreciate his obvious quality but don’t agree with how much we indulge him. Probably my age but I think we are too soft and kow-tow to him too much. I prefer 100% commitment than part time quality. I will however be eternally grateful for his through ball in the derby but not enough of that for me to be giving him a free pass to come and go as he pleases.

Status
Not open for further replies.