2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think we need his type of mentality in the team. He has a nasty competitive streak to his game.

I think injuries, and trying to play him into form has really cost him.

He had a bad'un just prior the season starting didn't he?

It's why I've found him to be the most disappointing this season.
He constantly puts us under pressure with idiotic fouls around the box
He's always good for a yellow card
His arrogance is off the scale for someone who's quite frankly garbage

When you think of Holgate there is only two moments in his Everton career that come to mind worthy of any note
Launching Firminho into the stands in the derby and a good game in midfield away at the mancs.

The rest of his Everton career has been forgetful

There’s probably an argument to say that we should sell as he’s probably 1 of maybe 3 saleable assets in the squad. Definitely stagnated if no regressed this season.

Another player I’ve been wrong about. I thought he was really good at one time.
Well and truly gone downhill. Get rid.

I just don't understand what he's doing for Aguero's first goal??? Such a rash player who struggles to keep his form on a weekly basis.
I like him but pfft.

I think he needs a reset. He was decent last year when he got a run of games as a CB. He's been in and out this season played various positions and has been poor in the majority of games. I think the chewing of gum has made him a target as it unfortunately looks unprofessional. People have said he's arrogant I disagree I think he's looked like he's unsure of himself which has lead to several mistakes. He was perhaps the player most unsettled by the arrival of Godfrey as this was a clear rival for his position. His first game back he clearly wasn't ready and his season just seemed to go backwards. If we get a bid for him it might be best he leaves as once the tide turns here players rarely recover from being boo boys favourites. Personally I think there is a player in there but he needs to take a long hard look at himself over the summer.

So he's nearly come to blows with both Delph & Richarlison.

Add in his arrogant demeanor and I think he's a problem in the dressing room. Hopefully we look to get rid - anything north of £15 million take and make a profit on the books to reinvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.