2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to cash in on him.

24 and rightly nowhere near the England quad.

Can at times look like someone who is going to kick on but will let us down in crucial moments.

Godfrey is younger, quicker, stronger and capable of playing across the back line if need be.

No Europe next season, can offer that 4th CB slot to Branthwaite or Gibson instead.

Weird this lad. Seems very distracted. I had high hopes for him but he plays like he couldn't care less.

...well, I’ve long said he’s not a starter but the one thing I did compliment was his attitude. Sadly, it appears he now thinks he’s better than he is.

Thought Richarlison looked sharp, I have no issue if a few home truths were said although it is difficult for anybody to take the moral high ground.

The really pleasing arrival and subsequent development in Godfrey has to be at least partially offset by the decline in Masons form. At the end of last season he looked ten times the player he is right now, the form especially recently has been dreadful. At least Richarlisons generally poor season was offset by the obvious frustration and effort he was expending. Not sure how long a lead Holgate realistically can expect to have playing the way he presently is.

Holdgate would be a good squad utility player but, admittedly from afar, his attitude stinks. He gave up against City, head on holiday from what I could see.

I see glimpses of a good right back in there, but he’s in a position where he gets in the starting XI by proxy. Needs some time in the U23s watching a new RB and CB boss it in the first team. See if he sorts himself out then

Status
Not open for further replies.