2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been the biggest disappointment for me this season.

Complete collapse.

We've not helped him though. Needed taking out the team.

Absolutely.

But there's an air about him that feels like he's getting disgruntled to me. Like he's "fine" with having bad games cos he's been moved about.

Which is not the mentality to have especially when there's more competition now.

Absolutely.

But there's an air about him that feels like he's getting disgruntled to me. Like he's "fine" with having bad games cos he's been moved about.

Which is not the mentality to have especially when there's more competition now.

I actually think we need his type of mentality in the team. He has a nasty competitive streak to his game.

I think injuries, and trying to play him into form has really cost him.

He had a bad'un just prior the season starting didn't he?

It's why I've found him to be the most disappointing this season.

I actually think we need his type of mentality in the team. He has a nasty competitive streak to his game.

I think injuries, and trying to play him into form has really cost him.

He had a bad'un just prior the season starting didn't he?

It's why I've found him to be the most disappointing this season.

Can't recall. But I just think he can be lackadaisical and over cocky in the wrong areas. Then rather learn from a mistake, he'll continue to do it.

I've always said I like him, he's versitile. But now I think he's stuck where he's not going to be 1st choice as a CB or RB and will be down the pecking order. He had plenty of chances to grab both.

So he either stays and fights and improves, or he'll just be a squad player. Unless he wants a move to play.

Can't recall. But I just think he can be lackadaisical and over cocky in the wrong areas. Then rather learn from a mistake, he'll continue to do it.

I've always said I like him, he's versitile. But now I think he's stuck where he's not going to be 1st choice as a CB or RB and will be down the pecking order. He had plenty of chances to grab both.

So he either stays and fights and improves, or he'll just be a squad player. Unless he wants a move to play.

He broke a toe in the preseason friendly against Preston. It came from a really sloppy piece of play where he tried some sort of spin/trick and then dived into a challenge to stop a counter attack. Wasn't the brightest thing to do in a friendly.

He broke a toe in the preseason friendly against Preston. It came from a really sloppy piece of play where he tried some sort of spin/trick and then dived into a challenge to stop a counter attack. Wasn't the brightest thing to do in a friendly.

That's another example of him "thinking" he's some sort of ball playing defender.

He's not. He should realise he's not. He's calm in possession and situations yes, but he's not skillful enough to be like John Stones for example.

To me...he's be in for a shout as our main CB if he'd just do the basics (head, clear, tackle, positional) due to his athleticism and physicality. Certainly better than Keane in that respects.

His manager is Rio Ferdinand. The feller needs a word with him and basically copy his game. Ferdinand was never great on the ball but he was always calm, always in the right place, always made the right decision and most of them simple.

I just think he thinks he's better than that.

That's another example of him "thinking" he's some sort of ball playing defender.

He's not. He should realise he's not. He's calm in possession and situations yes, but he's not skillful enough to be like John Stones for example.

To me...he's be in for a shout as our main CB if he'd just do the basics (head, clear, tackle, positional) due to his athleticism and physicality. Certainly better than Keane in that respects.

His manager is Rio Ferdinand. The feller needs a word with him and basically copy his game. Ferdinand was never great on the ball but he was always calm, always in the right place, always made the right decision and most of them simple.

I just think he thinks he's better than that.

I've never been convinced with him at all. He gets bullied far to often and this year he's started to become a liability in possession.

I think it's time to find a buyer and move on.

'Ferdinand never great on the ball', ....are you kidding me? He was one of the best ball playing centre backs from the last 30 years. His defending was dodgy, and he worked on it. Holgate, on the other hand, cannot play football at all, and when his defending becomes shoddy, you wonder what exactly he brings to the team.

Shouted at a couple of Kopite players on the pitch a while back. To some that makes him good.
Anyone with any actually understanding of basic football can see he’s poor and is liable to give a pen away most games.

Status
Not open for further replies.