2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling aside; we need to let him see the contract out. Nobody is coming in and getting this team playing any type of football

We have 2 midfielders who move, and they’ve been injured, and the rest are basically the same type of player; those who like to pass it left and right.

We have no wingers who can actually open up with speed and no right back. The team lacks movement through the centre and no pace on the flanks.

Binning him replacing him with another manager will achieve nothing at all. Except another massive payout

The minor issue is beating crap teams at home. We are 6th points off West Ham then when we look back at the home points we conceded this season.
A team that nearly got relegated last season. Comparing ourselves to West Ham is not a barometer of how far we’ve progressed or regressed.

It’s getting to a point where I question if I can be bothered. The club winds me up and some of the fans do also. They shouldn’t obviously but my anger gets the better of me on occasion. We keep taking steps back , one forward and more back and frankly it’s tiresome. Life’s too short.

The worst thing for me is you can see things aren’t right or they not as good as hoped and it keeps repeating itself. Why? I know we have no divine right to anything that shouldn’t mean we should accept disingenuous crap.
The club employs mediocre people in crucial jobs.

The academy are run by an ex-player mafia of Unsworth, Ebbrell, Jeffers, Baines. An absolute jolly for them.

The Coach has been a great but is now in "fill the bank account mode"

The DoF is...well...let's not go there. Clueless is about as good as it gets for him.

The owner is a meddlesome nerd who stands above the mountain of mediocrity feeding it with cash.

We are a disaster zone of a club. Money to spend and still mediocre - like a default setting you just cant change...especially with a man at the top who seems to think it's ok to be also rans as long as the natives dont rebel.

Seems to be the players friend rather than someone they are sh1t scared of.
Nobody is telling Alex Ferguson they are too fatigued.
True, yet Alex has only two Champions League titles to Carlo's three.

The issue isn't Carlo. The issue is the players. Carlo will live or die by this summer's recruitment. Three or four in and out won't save his hide next season. He needs to purge all around him. This summer will tell us all we need to know about Moshiri's era. We need a far better summer than we had last season. None of the four players we bought pulled up any trees for differing reasons - but they are generally superior to the likes of Gomes, Davies, and Holgate. Give Carlo better players and he's the man for the job. Give him more Gylfis and Iwobis and he'll be at Piacenza in a year or two.

Trolling aside; we need to let him see the contract out. Nobody is coming in and getting this team playing any type of football

We have 2 midfielders who move, and they’ve been injured, and the rest are basically the same type of player; those who like to pass it left and right.

We have no wingers who can actually open up with speed and no right back. The team lacks movement through the centre and no pace on the flanks.

Binning him replacing him with another manager will achieve nothing at all. Except another massive payout
So the answer is to keep Carlo in place until he gets us better players and then we get shut of him?

True, yet Alex has only two Champions League titles to Carlo's three.

The issue isn't Carlo. The issue is the players. Carlo will live or die by this summer's recruitment. Three or four in and out won't save his hide next season. He needs to purge all around him. This summer will tell us all we need to know about Moshiri's era. We need a far better summer than we had last season. None of the four players we bought pulled up any trees for differing reasons. Give Carlo better players and he's the man for the job. Give him more Gylfis and Iwobis and he'll be at Piacenza in a year or two.
Has a very good track record in CL, but not very good track record in the league. The latter is a better indicator of how well you have performed.

The club employs mediocre people in crucial jobs.

The academy are run by an ex-player mafia of Unsworth, Ebbrell, Jeffers, Baines. An absolute jolly for them.

The Coach has been a great but is now in "fill the bank account mode"

The DoF is...well...let's not go there. Clueless is about as good as it gets for him.

The owner is a meddlesome nerd who stands above the mountain of mediocrity feeding it with cash.

We are a disaster zone of a club. Money to spend and still mediocre - like a default setting you just cant change...especially with a man at the top who seems to think it's ok to be also rans as long as the natives dont rebel.

What would you have done differently in the last 18 months? Let's see how much of it is hindsight.

Worrying thing for me is Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan, Richarlison, DCL, and James are all good players. Mina isn’t too bad too at times, so why are we so terrible.

And even they are both absolutely rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.