2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needs to have us on the march with a distinctive style of play.

For me, I think he's an old manager looking for a last pay day and his heart isn;t in it.

As I said: Brancelotti has me fearing for the future.

It’s getting to a point where I question if I can be bothered. The club winds me up and some of the fans do also. They shouldn’t obviously but my anger gets the better of me on occasion. We keep taking steps back , one forward and more back and frankly it’s tiresome. Life’s too short.

The worst thing for me is you can see things aren’t right or they not as good as hoped and it keeps repeating itself. Why? I know we have no divine right to anything that shouldn’t mean we should accept disingenuous crap.

A lot of what you've just mentioned has nothing to do with ambiguous terms like"structure".

I know what you're unhappy about, and many fans are the same, and it's nothing to do with style. The players aren't good enough. Simple as that.

'Structure' is not an ambiguous term.

City's attacking structure is in place. Pep has it nailed down. He had it nailed down within weeks, then it was about getting better players and they obviously had the dosh to do it.

Liverpool, you know that their attacking structure is based on pressing high, breaking quickly.

Leeds, you know it's a man-marking structure, you know that it's about pressing and running and winning your battles.

I'm not saying there's a right or wrong way. But we don't have a structure, we don't have anything, that even remotely signals it has been worked on. We go side-to-side, backwards to Pickford, get it wide, or hope for magic from a player who can play, tops, 25-30 games a season.

So what is the solution? Hire a nobody manager and have a cinderella season finishing 6th only to fall back to mid table? Give me the manager who is good at managing good teams and let him try to bring in quality players.

The solution is to read posts properly before replying because there was nothing mentioned about getting rid of the manager and the solution was clearing out dead wood and giving him better quality players. If it sounds familiar it is because it is exactly what you have just said.

Thank god the season is over LoL.

I'm happy to give Carlo 2,3,4 seasons as long as we can see style of play and identity emerging.

But the players look they've no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

It's like we're not working on anything in training. There's nothing where you think 'yeah, seen them try that before'.

Our squad needs overhaul but no-one will convince me it's not good enough to not be outclassed by Sheff Utd, Fulham, Burnley et al.

Really worried we're going to blow our dough on another group of 28-30 year old mercenaries looking for a final big contract.

10 points between 3rd and 10th. Put your nappies away.

I'll remember that tomorrow when the horde of red "bantz" merchants come over the horizon to "talk football" (mock us).

"We were only ten points away from third". That will tell them!

10th is in no way shape or form good enough. That doesn't mean he needs sacking or anything either!

Status
Not open for further replies.