Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had some impressive wins against big and/or bogey teams this season. I fear this won't be one of them. But it's been a nutso 20/21 so hey, maybe we'll see another Carlo Special 0 - 1 win.
Er !!! No !!

The ignominy of finishing below Leeds Utd managed by a man who watches the game sat on a bucket - FFS
I know Bielsa has been discussed ad nauseum on here, but I find myself wondering just how he would have got on managing the bunch of wasters currently representing our club.

I made the decision not to watch Everton again this season after the Sheffield game, that finished me. I am hoping for a complete clear out in this next window, if we retain this lot then it will be very difficult to go through next season listening to excuses and calls for unity.

Feels that everytime we start with the ‘diamond’ formation that we have to change shape within half an hour...doesn’t suit us at all.

Just can’t see we can score a goal with the same formation and players in the second half.

Neville says it. We started playing forward then as soon as we lose the slightest bit of confidence we just cack our pants

Godfrey Keane and Holgate shocking with the ball at their feet
Keane will only be effective if he can defend deep against an alehouse team who lump the ball forward.

If Carlo and Brands are committed to carrying out Mosh's(and fans desire) for us to be competing at top of Prem then we will never do that if we settle for having the likes of Keane as a regular choice centre back.

Sadly Holgate seems to be going backwards as well. Two CBs need to be added to the 3 players already identified as priority for this upcoming window.

If you told a neutral that 1 team had something to play for, and for the other team it's a nothing game and in 6 days they have the biggest game in their clubs history so wouldn't need to put in 100% effort today..
You'd get the response that this was a nothing game for Everton.

It's not about effort.

It's about quality. And we have a distinct lack of it.

And the quicker fans - and our manager - get rid of this thing that it's all about attitude and effort, then the better off we'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.