Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 weakest links in the squad this season are Brands signings:

Iwobi - awful
Slomes - does nothing
Delph - awful / injury prone

Gbamin or Brands can't be blamed - freak accident.

I agree with some of Brands signings not being good enough but every single team has bad players and you can't lay the blame on Brands not shifting players out I'm sorry.

He has got rid of a lot of players but some players just don't want to leave those beautiful 4/5 year deals given by Walsh. I don't blame them because if I was in a job getting paid a boatload to do nothing, I wouldn't want to be moving ie Bolaise, Besic, Tosun etc.

Our squad being awful is simply factor of too many managers in to short of space. Koeman, Fat Sam and Silva all wanted players to play their way and they all shät on each others previous plans because and this is the reason they got sacked, THEY ALL ARE POOR MANAGERS.

Take Ancelotti and Brands last Summer, it's been our best transfer window in 6 years meanwhile we spend over £500m between now and then so you have to factor in FFP and wages.

Brands this summer will reset us back to a more financial stable listing and given Carlo's recent comments on spending, I expect us to spend Koeman-like again.

The right side is so, so bad. So, starting quality RM & RB are urgent for me. And a playmaker for the 50% of games or so that James can't play. Sigurdsson does not fit in any midfield combination that Everton have now or seem to be planning for in the future.
Everton haven't had a decent right side since 1995/6.

Kanchelskis and The Earl

Gbamin or Brands can't be blamed - freak accident.

I agree with some of Brands signings not being good enough but every single team has bad players and you can't lay the blame on Brands not shifting players out I'm sorry.

He has got rid of a lot of players but some players just don't want to leave those beautiful 4/5 year deals given by Walsh. I don't blame them because if I was in a job getting paid a boatload to do nothing, I wouldn't want to be moving ie Bolaise, Besic, Tosun etc.

Our squad being awful is simply factor of too many managers in to short of space. Koeman, Fat Sam and Silva all wanted players to play their way and they all shät on each others previous plans because and this is the reason they got sacked, THEY ALL ARE POOR MANAGERS.

Take Ancelotti and Brands last Summer, it's been our best transfer window in 6 years meanwhile we spend over £500m between now and then so you have to factor in FFP and wages.

Brands this summer will reset us back to a more financial stable listing and given Carlo's recent comments on spending, I expect us to spend Koeman-like again.

Iwobi

Slomes

Delph

Gbamin - whilst unlucky he's still not contributing to the side any more than Bolasie who suffered a freak injury yet Walsh still gets hammered for that signing

Lossl - signed then went AWOL

Bernard

King - dont think he's been given a fair crack of the whip by the manager but why sign a player who the manager doesn't seem to rate?

Mina - good player but injury prone

Kean - whilst we will make a profit its still been a failure of a signing and the lad had a questionable attitude whilst at the club.

I worked out over 3 years including loan fees fag packet maths Brands has spent around £270-280 million not including a free transfer for Rodriguez.

Walsh spent around £200 million and was punted after 2 years - obviously Brands has been an improvement on Walsh but looking at the squad has the business done been enough to justify him getting a new deal based on that large outlay?

Personally I think him having some weird reputation as being some transfer guru who signs unknown superstars and gems has kept him in the job when in reality I've seen nothing of that in the last 3 years.

Iwobi

Slomes

Delph

Gbamin - whilst unlucky he's still not contributing to the side any more than Bolasie who suffered a freak injury yet Walsh still gets hammered for that signing

Bernard

King - dont think he's been given a fair crack of the whip by the manager but why sign a player who the manager doesn't seem to rate?

I worked out over 3 years including loan fees fag packet maths Brands has spent around £270-280 million not including a free transfer for Rodriguez.

Walsh spent around £200 million and was punted after 2 years - obviously Brands has been an improvement on Walsh but looking at the squad has the business done been enough to justify him getting a new deal?

Personally I think him having some weird reputation as being some transfer guru who signs unknown superstars and gems has kept him in the job when in reality I've seen nothing of that in the last 3 years.
Bolaise - £27m - Iwobi Mark 1 - 27, 75k a week and gone on a free. We might get a fee for Wobes at least.

Sigurdsson at £45m (good player but utter spunked it) -

Klaassen - £30m - Slomes you say this guy was in another realm of slow.

Vlasic - £10m

Sandro - £5m - 20 year old on £100k a week for 5 YEARS

Martina - Dogdirt

Schneiderlin - £27m/5yr deal/£100k

Lookman - £11m

Ashley F-ING Williams - £12m - this alone makes your argument null and void.

Onyekuru - £7m never played a game for us.

Tosun - £27m

Walcott - £20m

That's just over £200 million in less than 2 years not to mention Rooney on god knows how much.

You Sir have been TOP TRUMPED!

Without a solid foundation, you can't build a great team.

Iwobi

Slomes

Delph

Bernard

Kean - whilst we will make a profit its still been a failure of a signing and the lad had a questionable attitude whilst at the club.

Walsh spent around £200 million and was punted after 2 years - obviously Brands has been an improvement on Walsh but looking at the squad has the business done been enough to justify him getting a new deal based on that large outlay?

No arguments on the first three.

Gbamin - just isn't fair to use this as a stick to beat Brands with. That time may come if he ever gets fit and turns out to be plop anyway (which I'd actually see as more likely than unlikely given his YouTube compilations). Bolasie was at best polarising even without an injury

Lossl and Bernard - free transfers, but in the case of Bernard, the wages mean that's probably a fair shout.

King - Signed as cover. Dunno why everyone gets so annoyed about it. Ancelotti doesn't rate him over DCL or Richarlison, but if they both got injured he'd get a game. That's about it really. He plugs the gap until Kean returns or (more likely) we sign a proper replacement in the summer

Mina - Missed a lot in his first season. Has a good appearance record since then I think?

Kean - Not bothered what anyone says on this, if we sign a player and make a profit on him, it was a good signing. Add Vlasic and Lookman to that category. Even if it hasn't worked out for them here, investing in good young players, loaning them out and selling at profit is a perfectly fine model.

Think the job Brands has done needs to be taken into context - like it or not, the disaster that Walsh and Koeman (and to a lesser extent Allardyce) left behind was always going to take years to put right because nobody is stupid enough to buy players from us without leaving us in a massive FFP hole. For most of them, loaning them out and waiting for the contracts to expire is about the best you could hope for. We are nearly there. Personally I'd be judging Brands more on the next three years than the first three.

Bolaise - £27m - Iwobi Mark 1 - 27, 75k a week and gone on a free. We might get a fee for Wobes at least.

Vlasic - £10m

Martina - Dogdirt

Lookman - £11m

Tosun - £27m

Walcott - £20m

That's just over £200 million in less than 2 years not to mention Rooney on god knows how much.

James - free

That's all I need to know

Vlasic - £10m

Martina - Dogdirt

Lookman - £11m

Tosun - £27m

Walcott - £20m

My argument isn't Walsh being better than Brands though - you're basically offering a defence of Brands 3 years at the club of "well he isn't AS bad as Steve Walsh".

Thats like a bird bringing home Stalin to meet her parents and saying "he aint AS bad as Hitler!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.