Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we actually won't sign him and there's another target or two out there and he's being used as a smokescreen i.e. Tierney when we went for Digne

tenor.gif

At the prices being quoted (£30million) you would want the finished article or pretty much guarentee a top player.
I dont think we get that with Aarons, i like the lad and he definitely has a high ceiling, but i have reservations about his defensive attributes and how the PL is so keyed up to players with pace and power, Aarons is rather small.

I look at someome like Bogle at Sheff Utd who also has a few things he needs to work on but has the pace and power that would be needed (similar stature to a young kyle walker) and would probably cost a 3rd of what Aarons would cost!

At the prices being quoted (£30million) you would want the finished article or pretty much guarentee a top player.
I dont think we get that with Aarons, i like the lad and he definitely has a high ceiling, but i have reservations about his defensive attributes and how the PL is so keyed up to players with pace and power, Aarons is rather small.

I look at someome like Bogle at Sheff Utd who also has a few things he needs to work on but has the pace and power that would be needed (similar stature to a young kyle walker) and would probably cost a 3rd of what Aarons would cost!
It’s someone with the pace power and physicality of Reece James that we need
Now that’s someone I would throw 30-35m at
Just as good as a wing back as he is at full back

It’s someone with the pace power and physicality of Reece James that we need
Now that’s someone I would throw 30-35m at
Just as good as a wing back as he is at full back
Reece James would cost about twice as that!
Bogle though has similar physical attributes to James.
Im not a massive fan of the 'super athlete' type of player, i think Aarons, is technically better and more cultured, but we are in a league were pace & physicality is king

Reece James would cost about twice as that!
Bogle though has similar physical attributes to James.
Im not a massive fan of the 'super athlete' type of player, i think Aarons, is technically better and more cultured, but we are in a league were pace & physicality is king
Why would you consider purchasing someone who has a second name like a second rate Christmas game that never makes it out of the cupboard??

Now ...a right back called Jean-Michel Monopoly, now we're talking!!

This fella could be a smoke screen for someone else, who knew anything about Godfrey before he signed certainly not me and he's been seen as our most dependable player this season and an absolute beast of a player. Just saying there's more Godfrey's out there and its not necessarily the one everybody thinks we'll go for that we'll actually buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.