Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be very pleased with Aarons. They need to sell, they’ve made that clear, so it is a matter of haggling. They can throw Buendía in too whilst were there given we have almost zero creativity.
They don't need to sell. All Delia Smith said is that they won't stand in his way. They still value him very highly and they will set the price. Unlike with Ben Godfrey, they know they will be in the Premier League next season so have much greater bargaining power than they did 12 months ago.

Neither he, nor Buendia, will go cheap.

They don't need to sell. All Delia Smith said is that they won't stand in his way. They still value him very highly and they will set the price. Unlike with Ben Godfrey, they know they will be in the Premier League next season so have much greater bargaining power than they did 12 months ago.

The player wants to come which is a big factor, and they’ll know full well that they’re likely to go straight back down again. They’re not desperate but I fully believe it’s negotiable.

How's his injury record? Has he had any injury hardships in the past couple of years. Don't want to spend 30 million and stuck with seamus or Holgate all over again

Drop £20m and send Kenny to Norwich

Norwich are 2 wins away from automatic promotion so get the deal done and give the lads the chance to move early, settle in and rest up before pre-season.

To quote delia smith “he will be a top player but it won’t be at Norwich”.
“Obviously we will lose home but that is part of the plan”
Suggests to me they need the money from the sale to balance the books. Make 20-25m and replace with another youngster from the production line or someone for a few million from the lower leagues

To quote delia smith “he will be a top player but it won’t be at Norwich”.
“Obviously we will lose home but that is part of the plan”
Suggests to me they need the money from the sale to balance the books. Make 20-25m and replace with another youngster from the production line or someone for a few million from the lower leagues
As far as I know, Norwich have no long standing debt and they have been receiving parachute payments last season and their coffers will be boosted even further due to their imminent promotion. They will definitely sell him, because that's what they do and what Delia Smith was alluding to in the quote you included.

I could be wrong but I think the package to get him out of there (accounting for add-ons and the like) will top £35m. And I am really unsure if he's worth that so I hope we are keeping our options open.

If he is a success then he’ll be with us for 5+ years easily, so 5 million a year or so isn’t bad. They’ll probably spread payments anyway. Get Buendia too whilst we are at it. Would do far more than Gomes

If Aarons is the best Brands can come up with then we might as well let him go, Any random Joe Bloggs could point this fella out ffs.
I'm a fan of Brands but this is just pure laziness, We're going after another player in the English market who is gonna cost a pretty penny.
Surely the only metric is if he succeeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.