Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine having someone at the club who can find these guys when they're £5-10 million, rather than in demand from half the clubs in the league!

....these gems are out there. I suppose you look at Periera’s background and he was sent on a few loans and only truly came good at West Brom.

We got DCL for buttons, not to mention the likes of Stones so I suppose we have had a few.

RB still priority for me. Then RF who can also play as a ST a left footed Richarlison basically. Next would be a CM who can get goals someone like Scholes/Lampard. After that a GK that can keep Pickford on his toes. If we sell a CB a top class CB but I can cope with the 4 we have if they are used in the right combinations in the right games. The other place I might look is an experienced LB who is able to come in as cover for Digne as I don't think either Nkounkou or Small are ready and I'd rather keep Godfrey in the middle. If we can ship Sigurdsson, Gomes and Delph I would bring in 2 more CM but thats unlikely so just need to hope injuries are kinder next season. Coleman would get one more season as a back up then he would be allowed to leave on a free. It's the least he deserves for the service he has given.

...Periera at West Brom fits that tag but I don’t see us investing in that type whilst we have Rodriguez.

Periera is 25, a terrific talent with no fitness issues I’m aware of. Scored a screamer at Goodison, I imagine there’ll be a host of clubs queuing to acquire him this summer. Imagine having him fit & available every week.
Rumoured to be available for £20m which is a very good price for attacking player with 10 goals and 5 assists

I think the main thing that has put clubs off Ndidi is that his ball control/passing isn't quite the best, the defensive side to his game is unreal, but for a lot of these big clubs they want players more like Rodri who will do the passing side of the game

Maddison seems to be a bit of ****, has a reoccuring issue with his hip and seems to pick up quite a few injuries. By all accounts if what is going around on twitter etc. is true he is forcing through his move to a bigger club anyway.

Looks like we are going to be trying to sign Edouard, and this new system seems to be getting the best out of Iheanacho so a 2 up top system could be the way we go for the future. Of course we can't replace Vardy and his goals but we will likely look for more goals from other players (Barnes, Maddison, whatever right winger we sign, two strikers etc.) to try and make up for the Vardy goals. Surprising he only actually has 13 goals this season, and only 2 in like his last 22 matches or something, we seemed to have found a way to keep winning and scoring without him

We have also had massive injury issues this season, we had to change our entire system when Barnes got injured, Justin was on for our Player of the Season, we started the season with just 1 fit centre back etc etc. We have a great 11, but barely any squad depth. Which isn't good when also having to deal with a European campaign and going far in the FA Cup.

I appreciate you have had injuries too, but just not on the scale we have had. James has had 3 different injuries, Gbamin has missed the entire season, Delph, Digne, Mina, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Pickford (twice), Olsen, Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi, Richarlison, Calvert Lewin, Onyango, Price, Bernard, King etc. I am probably missing some and a while ago it was over 20 players we have had injured.

At times this season we have had a bench that had 1 player who had PL expeirence and the rest had no experience. At other times we have had both of our goalkeepers injured so had to rely on the under 23's keeper. We have had at other moments 6 central midfielders injured. Honestly, I can only think of 1 player who has not had an injury that has kept him out for a few weeks and that has been Davies. It's been absolutely brutal.

That is not to knock Leicester. Leicester are a very well run club, and clearly it's not a flash in the pan, to be you are very much a bona fide member of the top 6 now and I still fancy you to get top 4 (please do). But having had the severity of injuries we have had, to be within 5 points of Leicester it is more a measure of where we are than a criticism of Leicester, thats all.

if he played for us it would be called a purple patch.

I do like him as a player actually but he’ll have to go some to do what Vardy has done for them for years. Teams sit off them because they are terrified of his pace. Gives Maddison and Tielemans a lot more space.

And in fairness with him, it is literally a purple patch. He has 20 goals in 90 games and before this season had 5, 1 and 3 goals. He may well go on a goal run now, but it is very much a purple patch currently, unlike Calvert Lewin and Richarlison who are a lot more consistent.

....these gems are out there. I suppose you look at Periera’s background and he was sent on a few loans and only truly came good at West Brom.

We got DCL for buttons, not to mention the likes of Stones so I suppose we have had a few.

The big difficulty with searching for said gems is that the level of risks goes up the less experience at the top level they have. We have certainly tried to find a few gems under Walsh mainly and to a degree Brands, but the PL is a uniquely challenging league where players often need time to settle. We are a fanbse who aren't great on that, and the owner even less so.

I can understand why someone like Pereira showing he can deliver in the PL is a big plus for people in recruitment. The same to a degree with Berge and Anguissa from Fulham. I've always felt it was a smart ploy by teams to look to sign the better players from sides who get relegated, who have shown they can cope with the demands of the PL. It worked very well for us with Lescott, Baines and Jagielka. You have to pay a bit of a premium but you remove a fair bit of the risk involved.

I can only see Pereira coming if Bernard left, and if Coutinho didn't come. Both of these things could happen, but thats just my feeling. I think he will be a good signing for someone though that Pereira, if you build your side around him.

And in fairness with him, it is literally a purple patch. He has 20 goals in 90 games and before this season had 5, 1 and 3 goals. He may well go on a goal run now, but it is very much a purple patch currently, unlike Calvert Lewin and Richarlison who are a lot more consistent.

I think Iheanacho will be a good player as he’s always had the pedigree, just needed the opportunity, but Vardy has carried them for a long time and been one of the best strikers in the league for ages. Iheanacho will have to go some to reach that level on a consistent basis.

The wheel is turning a bit for us. I was always a bit annoyed that Kane and Vardy came from nowhere for our rivals just as we had bought Lukaku and they effectively got for free that essential component of a top top striker what we had had to pay so much for and gave them a vital ingredient to stay ahead of us.

Now DCL is emerging as a very good striker and Spurs and Leicester are facing the conundrum of having to spend large amounts to replace Kane and Vardy and don’t seem to have a wonder kid ready to step up.

I think Iheanacho will be a good player as he’s always had the pedigree, just needed the opportunity, but Vardy has carried them for a long time and been one of the best strikers in the league for ages. Iheanacho will have to go some to reach that level on a consistent basis.

The wheel is turning a bit for us. I was always a bit annoyed that Kane and Vardy came from nowhere for our rivals just as we had bought Lukaku and they effectively got for free that essential component of a top top striker what we had had to pay so much for and gave them a vital ingredient to stay ahead of us.

Now DCL is emerging as a very good striker and Spurs and Leicester are facing the conundrum of having to spend large amounts to replace Kane and Vardy and don’t seem to have a wonder kid ready to step up.

I agree with all of that mate, but it's more just to say there is a case of grass isn't always greener. I don't think Iheanacho will give them what Vardy does overall. There's no doubt that Leicester will be more competent and replacing Vardy that we were with Lukaku, but it will be a bit of a hit.

The interesting one will be Spurs and Kane. That has the potential to go the way it did for us and Lukaku far more. They are similarly dependant upon him.

The big difficulty with searching for said gems is that the level of risks goes up the less experience at the top level they have. We have certainly tried to find a few gems under Walsh mainly and to a degree Brands, but the PL is a uniquely challenging league where players often need time to settle. We are a fanbse who aren't great on that, and the owner even less so.

I can understand why someone like Pereira showing he can deliver in the PL is a big plus for people in recruitment. The same to a degree with Berge and Anguissa from Fulham. I've always felt it was a smart ploy by teams to look to sign the better players from sides who get relegated, who have shown they can cope with the demands of the PL. It worked very well for us with Lescott, Baines and Jagielka. You have to pay a bit of a premium but you remove a fair bit of the risk involved.

I can only see Pereira coming if Bernard left, and if Coutinho didn't come. Both of these things could happen, but thats just my feeling. I think he will be a good signing for someone though that Pereira, if you build your side around him.
Lads look for cheap gems and complain when they don’t work out
Lads look for PL proven and give out about the price
Buying low always has a risk buying high less so

Lads look for cheap gems and complain when they don’t work out
Lads look for PL proven and give out about the price
Buying low always has a risk buying high less so

There's an investor called Warren Buffet who has made over 100 billion on the stock market. His maxim is that it's better to buy a great company at a good price, than buy a good company at a great price.

Of course you want decent value, but whats most important if you get the right player.

You can see how even a couple of signings, and the return of players form injury, could transform us.

If we had a window like Aarons (or similar RB) , Bissouma (or similar DMF) and attacking midfielder (I don’t think it will be Coutinho but let’s pretend)

We setting up in a diamond with a midfield of

Bissouma

Docuoure Allan

James

On the subs bench would be Coutinho and Gbamin as first options. We’d have to have a lot of injuries then before we ever saw a combination of Davies Siggurdson or Gomes getting sustained game time.

That scenario is not that far away if we buy a couple of the right players and get players back fit.

You can see how even a couple of signings, and the return of players form injury, could transform us.

If we had a window like Aarons (or similar RB) , Bissouma (or similar DMF) and attacking midfielder (I don’t think it will be Coutinho but let’s pretend)

We setting up in a diamond with a midfield of

Bissouma

Docuoure Allan

James

On the subs bench would be Coutinho and Gbamin as first options. We’d have to have a lot of injuries then before we ever saw a combination of Davies Siggurdson or Gomes getting sustained game time.

That scenario is not that far away if we buy a couple of the right players and get players back fit.
Being linked with the RS, Manchester clubs and Dortmund so i think we can forget him tbh.

Being linked with the RS, Manchester clubs and Dortmund so i think we can forget him tbh.

We all said the same about Allan when he was linked to PSG for 70 mill. I take your point though, I think he will have other suitors, but we’ve got a decent record on taking players the fans thought we’d never attract above other clubs at the time such as Lukaku Mirallas Allan James so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.