Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done a quick tally. We've taken 28 points from 17 games against sides in the current top ten this season; and only 27 points from 17 games against sides in positions 11-20.

Needless to say it's going to be the losses to the likes of Newcastle (twice), Burnley, Fulham, Aston Villa and Southampton which we're going to look back on and fume.

I doubt if we've ever taken as many points as 28 in the Premier League era against other sides in the top ten in the one season. Martinez 13/14, perhaps.

Im hoping Spurs might just not be up for it and let us in for 7th and Europe.

7th is as best as it gets. Annoying that Utd will probably play a weakened side against Leicester as a win for the Foxes probably keeps their top 4 spot secure meaning they may be on the beach against Spurs last game of the season.

7th is as best as it gets. Annoying that Utd will probably play a weakened side against Leicester as a win for the Foxes probably keeps their top 4 spot secure meaning they may be on the beach against Spurs last game of the season.

Yeah but a win for thr Foxes against against mancs would probably end any chance of the rs getting 4th, thus they end up gutted and we finish above them because they give up ;)

If we can finish ahead of two of the so called top 6, and qualify for Europe then 7th is decent given the injuries we’ve had this season and the absolute turmoil at the club over the last three seasons.

Looking at the remaining games, we'll probably need do beat Villa, Shef Utd and wolves to get 7th. Do we want it though? Europa League def yes but this Conference..Early kick offs against Flora Tallinn and Vikingur Olafsvik. Winning it will be a bit like winning the u23 league

If we can finish ahead of two of the so called top 6, and qualify for Europe then 7th is decent given the injuries we’ve had this season and the absolute turmoil at the club over the last three seasons.

I think the Wolves game will be a win with the novelty of the fans back in the ground the atmosphere will be good and be a kick up the arse for the players.

City away is a write off realistically so I have that as a loss.

Basically Villa and Sheffield Utd games will determine if we get 7th or not imo - massive week for us just hope James is back for the Sheff Utd game as Villa will be similiar to today in terms of sitting back and hoping to nick a result whereas we will need creativity and to be on the front foot against the plumbers from Sheffield.

Looking at the run-ins of everybody we’re in competition with, it seems to me that no matter what, we really need to win the next three (Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves). If we did that, I think we’d at least pip Spurs for 7th.

Getting higher than that would likely require us to also beat City on the last day. And even then, we’d probably need either West Ham or the RS to drop a game unexpectedly because of our disadvantage with goal difference.

Say what you will about the Conference League, but if it’s between 7th and that competition or 8th and no Europe at all, I’d take it.
We won our next 3 id say we would be in good contention for 6th or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.