Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on the targets, but I can also see why Ancelotti has been rumoured to want a centre back - Mina is going to either need to be sold or given a new contract this summer with 2 years left to run on his and we've probably seen that Holgate isn't the answer, which leaves Godfrey (who's been great) and Keane (who's probably had his best season for us, but his lack of pace is always going to cause us issues if we want to play a higher line). The rumoured interest in Demiral and Koulibaly (laughably) makes sense. I would say we are looking at five players this summer really, but that would be easily balanced out by the number of players we may look to move on, which would probably include (but be by no means limited to) Kenny, Mina, Delph, Gomes, Besic, Walcott, Bernard, Bolasie, Tosun and Kean.
I think 5 will be the minimum
2 in defence ( RB CB ) 2 in CM and a striker

There is , but then you mentioned Sancho
We would be second from bottom in a very long list of clubs looking to sign him who he would join

In the context that his club has dropped his asking price from £110mil to £75mil.

Showing that there are early deals to be done with clubs who need money. Backing up my point.

Where did i mention signing him in that post?

Only 25 so pretty much entering his prime years

It's a good time to finally hit your stride like
But is he coming here to sit on the bench? He will look a kean & king and think I’m not going there. Unless we decide to play 2 upfront or we sell DCL. I don’t see it. I think buying another player who can play wide and through the middle is more likely. As you’d think they’d get a lot more game time. With the inconsistency of Richarlison and DCL. Add to that a first choice RW

I don’t think there’s many teams, Especially the top ones that have 2 out and out number 9’s.
teams that play 2, that’s obviously different or teams near the bottom that don’t really have a first choice, will maybe rotate

There would have to be an agreement that Bale and Rodriguez can't book annual leave at the same time.

It would be nice to see someone come in and destroy Koeman's handicap, though.

If we could somehow trim the wage bill and the squad whist adding quality. I’d be looking to:

Let Kean and King go and replace with 1 quality forward
Get rid of Bernard and Iwobi and replace with 1 attacking player
Bin Delph and Gomes and replace with 1 athletic midfielder.
Potentially Holgate and Kenny could be replaced with 1 player too.

The fact that Brands brought in 6 of these players though, suggests it might be a waste of time anyway.

But is he coming here to sit on the bench? He will look a kean & king and think I’m not going there. Unless we decide to play 2 upfront or we sell DCL. I don’t see it. I think buying another player who can play wide and through the middle is more likely. As you’d think they’d get a lot more game time. With the inconsistency of Richarlison and DCL. Add to that a first choice RW

I don’t think there’s many teams, Especially the top ones that have 2 out and out number 9’s.
teams that play 2, that’s obviously different or teams near the bottom that don’t really have a first choice, will maybe rotate
The way Richy is playing he either will be sold(this or next summer) or on the bench. The idea a good forward wouldn't get chances with us is a joke. I agree we need a wide options well though

I think, as much as anything, we need players with strong personalities. We're in a similar position to Man United when they signed Fernandes - we have lots of players who struggle to take hold of games and exert their influence.

If we had a similarly talismanic figure for all the peripheral dudes to latch on to, I think it'd make them all go up a level. Imagine if you dropped Tim Cahill in this side, he'd make a huge difference.

The way Richy is playing he either will be sold(this or next summer) or on the bench. The idea a good forward wouldn't get chances with us is a joke. I agree we need a wide options well though
Well kean didn’t get many chances. I’d love a top class forward. And get DCL on the bench when he’s not offering much. Surely long term that wouid help him. But any quality forward. Would rather sit on city’s bench or utds or Liverpool/Chelsea. And so on.

So I think you will be surprised. How hard it might be to attract a quality CF. Even Toney who will be a 30mil gamble. Might look at Leicester and think champions league football. So loads more games. And vardy is 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.