Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BlueToff just one other thing...

It will be interesting (at least for me) if we focus on that £20-30mil player range again this summer.

We do need to fill several positions of course but that to me would signal perhaps a sensible and sustainable building of the squad.

Within an ideal world that would be the way forward...however this summer there could be a real opportunity to push the boat out and bring in players for circa £35-45mil+ who have the on pitch value of a £60mil+ signing.

Theres some merit in both approaches.
buendia

Id focus on RB + CB + CM this summer.

Move on a bunch of players and make sure the squad is robust and solid in defence and midfield.
Creativity in the wide right area, iwobi? No thanks. And CB?? We have them coming out of our ears!

Id focus on RB + CB + CM this summer.

Move on a bunch of players and make sure the squad is robust and solid in defence and midfield.
I think a forward player of some sort is definitely required. No King or Tosun, so aforward seems a necessity to me.

A CB could only be one out one in because numbers wise we are fine.

I agree about CM, but again one in, one out.

RB essential.

Backup keeper essential.

The squad is already robust and solid in defence.

We need players who score and create goals.

But sure, lets buy more CBs, cos reasons.

I very rarely post in this thread, but why are folk saying CB is a priority?

You could argue that a couple of better ones wouldnt be the worst idea, and with unlimited budgets etc, fine.

Or have ours broken?

Doucoure and Allan are the two most important players in this side. If we're missing either we lose the MF battle. Missing both and we might as well forfeit.
We've lost a few midfield battles with both of them.

But we've especially lost many midfield battles without Allan.

Literally no need for a CB right now, Godfrey and one of Keane or Mina is a great starting pair, along with Holgate as the #4. Not even getting into Branthwaite.

We need another CM for depth, because while our midfiled has been great when healthy, thats been rare. We need a top scoring winger badly. Then we need a RB. Thats a top 4 squad, but would be best if we added a real GK and another forward.

You could argue that a couple of better ones wouldnt be the worst idea, and with unlimited budgets etc, fine.

Or have ours broken?
People don't like Mina or Keane, possibly Holgate this week as well.

They feel as tho we could improve on them and we very much can.

But if you look at our squad CB isn't really a priority when we struggle to create and score goals most weeks.

Or have ours broken?

An upgrade at the back is always welcome, but whenever we have the options of only Iwobi, Bernard and Josh King for wingers i'm left a bit flabbergasted.

RW + RB the priorities above everything else for me. Ideally a CM + versatile forward after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.