Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
They went against the wishes of all governing bodies, their own managers and players. Irrespective of whether they all drop out now, they should at the very minimum receive a points deduction next season. However one thing they have lost, is the credibility amongst their own fan base, that might will prove to be biggest punishment of all.
I think thier fan base will think they have won, and clubs are being praised for a turn around.

Reality is, this was a bargaining tool for more cash which hasnt worked.

People are talking about financial or points deduction but I'm not sure if exploring or even signing up to another business plan can be penalised. Its wrong morally but football is a business and which other businesses wouldn't follow the path the 'big six' have?

Th
I think thier fan base will think they have won, and clubs are being praised for a turn around.

People are talking about financial or points deduction but I'm not sure if exploring or even signing up to another business plan can be penalised. Its wrong morally but football is a business and which other businesses wouldn't follow the path the 'big six' have?
Which is why need to be penalised so it doesnt happen again. They have left europe didnt they so should be able to be in for next season should be forced to wait. Other clubs maybe would have followed from england if asked but didnt, cant use this as an excuse to let these clubs off they have tried to get one over every single club

I really think the league needs to make a statement to discourage clubs from doing anything like this again. They must either hands out a punishment that befits the crime or changes their constitution which stops these clubs entering underhand talks with others.

Everything's 'legal' - if you don't get caught.
They did and they should be hammered...and then some.

But they clearly broke Premier League rules about entering a new competition without PL approval. Ignoring the moral question, which is clear, but harder to punish, the PL has the power to fine, sanction and even expel member clubs who break the rules. As several people have already said very eloquently, they need to be punished to prevent repetition. And I mean severely; massive fines, foregoing income this year from the PL and facing a points deduction, as well as being thrown out of the cups, as UEFA already suggested.

We can't now countenance any of the scab clubs winning honours this year can we? I think the public mood will totally support the biggest kicking they have ever seen. Sorry for the fans and players, but actions have consequences. Sometimes the innocent suffer, too, as we know more than just about anyone in football.

I often used to wonder - to my immense frustration - why it took so bloody long for Bill to find a buyer for Everton Football Club before he finally landed on Moshiri.

Last couple of days though have shown me just how important it really was for him to find a buyer with sufficient finances who was then open to understanding what this club meant to the fans, to football, and to the local community.

Bill does deserve credit for keeping the moral integrity of our great club alive in an age where greed has overtaken the working-class game these past three decades.

I often used to wonder - to my immense frustration - why it took so bloody long for Bill to find a buyer for Everton Football Club before he finally landed on Moshiri.

Last couple of days though have shown me just how important it really was for him to find a buyer with sufficient finances who was then open to understanding what this club meant to the fans, to football, and to the local community.

Bill does deserve credit for keeping the moral integrity of our great club alive in an age where greed has overtaken the working-class game these past three decades.
Said exactly this to my mates yesterday, and I'm no lover of kenwright.

You cannot knock Bill for taking his time finding the right person, and getting Mosh in, then helping him "get" Everton and helping him fall in love with us and what we mean.

I really think the league needs to make a statement to discourage clubs from doing anything like this again. They must either hands out a punishment that befits the crime or changes their constitution which stops these clubs entering underhand talks with others.

Not been on here much today as I've been busy, but absolutely astounded at the arrogance and greed of these teams. And a little bit disappointed by the reaction of some mates and so called fans of other clubs that shall remain nameless.

But I whole heartedly agree with the sentiments above, and the harshest of punishments must be dished out to send a message.

I propose relegating all 6 to League 2.
All relegated teams from the leagues above will remain in their place, and all play off teams will be promoted automatically. In League 2, 6th will play 7th in the play off for the final place.

This will do several things.

1. It will serve as the greatest punishment they could each be handed without dismissal from the League itself.

2. It will be a huge boost, both financially and in status for the 28 teams who are either automatically promoted or avoid relegation, and will reinvigorate the competition in each case.

3. It will provide a huge boost in terms of revenue to teams in League 2, League 1 and The Championship by way of the increased attendances caused by the 6 darlings having to grace the lower grounds for a minimum of 4 whole seasons it would take should they each gain promotion back to the PL at the earliest opportunity. Bear in mind, at least 2 of those teams would miss out on promotion in year 1 so would spend at least 2 years in League 2.

4. In the mean time, it would change the layout of the League system in its entirity, and create new opportunities for teams to compete at levels they may never have managed under normal circumstances, including 4 years of alternative European qualifications and essentially a guarantee of new champions in each division.

5. It would also serve as a defacto European ban for each of the greedy 6. And financial fair play should see to it that they could not just spend their way to a simple romp through, even though you would still expect them to be too strong in the first instance. With no Premier League, Champions league, and TV revenue they are used to, and with the exclusion of any parachute payments, coupled with the legal fees they will each have to spend to get themselves out of what has been described as an already signed and legally binding contract, it could be a very precarious place for a number of them to be in, such are their levels of debt.

This would not only teach them all a lesson in humility, but should also show them not to take what they have for granted again in the near or distant future.

If the FA and PL had any balls, this is the action they would take. And I can't see how anyone from the 92 league clubs, other than the shameful 6 obviously, would vote against it.

Make it happen and teach them all a lesson.

Hello.

I'm a West Ham fan. No excuses for registering with you but at a time like this, with football as we know it in crisis, rivalries are petty.

Congratulations on your statement.

Fantastic.
Thanks for all the 'likes'. We won.......for now. But this can NEVER happen again. Legislation has to be put in place to protect over 150 years of history. That clubs like yours. And mine. Clubs founded by the workers of local communities, cannot be rode roughshot over.

The fans of all six clubs are not to blame. Nor the managers or the players or club officials. But the owners, particularly the American ones and I suspect those at Tottenham. Who saw a means to a quick buck.

A plague on their houses.

Good luck.

Alan.

But they clearly broke Premier League rules about entering a new competition without PL approval. Ignoring the moral question, which is clear, but harder to punish, the PL has the power to fine, sanction and even expel member clubs who break the rules. As several people have already said very eloquently, they need to be punished to prevent repetition. And I mean severely; massive fines, foregoing income this year from the PL and facing a points deduction, as well as being thrown out of the cups, as UEFA already suggested.

We can't now countenance any of the scab clubs winning honours this year can we? I think the public mood will totally support the biggest kicking they have ever seen. Sorry for the fans and players, but actions have consequences. Sometimes the innocent suffer, too, as we know more than just about anyone in football.
Spot on

FB_IMG_1618969714020.jpg

For a team participating in a truly global league, and having spent most of my Everton supporting days in Australia, I've always been amazed at the fierce local and community focus that this Club has. I was blown away by this in 2012 when I had my first Goodison experience.

Everton enjoy the stature and financial windfalls of being an international brand, but have never, ever, forgotten where they have come from and how important they are to the fans both on and off the pitch.

It's both extraordinary and heart-warming that this organisation will forever operate with it's local fans and community at its core, no matter how lucrative the financial incentives may be.

The happenings of the last 48 hours not only confirmed what we as a fan group already knew, but has shone a light in the broader mainstream football community at just how classy our Club is.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Well in Farhad, Bill and DBB, that ladies and gentlemen is proper leadership.

For a team participating in a truly global league, and having spent most of my Everton supporting days in Australia, I've always been amazed at the fierce local and community focus that this Club has. I was blown away by this in 2012 when I had my first Goodison experience.

Everton enjoy the stature and financial windfalls of being an international brand, but have never, ever, forgotten where they have come from and how important they are to the fans both on and off the pitch.

It's both extraordinary and heart-warming that this organisation will forever operate with it's local fans and community at its core, no matter how lucrative the financial incentives may be.

The happenings of the last 48 hours not only confirmed what we as a fan group already knew, but has shone a light in the broader mainstream football community at just how classy our Club is.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Well in Farhad, Bill and DBB, that ladies and gentlemen is proper leadership.

2184ED51-18B2-474B-9368-5DD0D99DEED5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.