Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was good enough to win... if Keane and Holgate didn't turn into the chuckle brothers. They've cost us 2 points.
J Rod, motm.

Just saw the goals - definitely communication problems there, and maybe they're both not vocal enough. We already know Keane is a quiet player - which is fine, but we have to choose just one of them at a time it looks like. Godfrey-Mina and Holgate/Keane as reserves would be better looks like.

Tap ins....pfft.
DCL and Richarlison would have failed to score either chance

We will obviously never know, but I would expect any striker, within 10 yards, about 3 yards offside, with nobody around them to be able to score such chances. The keeper can't even get set.

I really can't look at those goals yesterday and think "god if only DCL/Richarlison scored when opposing defenders expertly played them in" I just look at it and think "why is Keane and to a degree Holgate allowing a simple clearance to end up at the feet of their striker". Maybe other people have a different reading and I'm being really harsh on them, but that is solely on Keane and to a lesser degree Holgate.

Obviously frustrating but I feel a lot better the next day after a performance like that knowing we basically gave everything to win than I have done against Brighton, Burnley etc. Couple of brain farts in defence, could/should have got one to win it but we’ve played a lot worse than that and won this season. Harry Kane is incredible too btw, Spurs are so lucky to have him..

Far too tired of this season and early on a Saturday to bother complaining about small details now, least I enjoyed watching James play footy, I’ll have a pint today and largely forget about the season once again

Without Allan last night we get nothing out that game. He is unreal but the biggest miss is the motorman docoure. James was unreal as well he must be looking in the mirror at home and thinking some of these players are not worth playing the ball too. However last night we did more then enough to win the game

We were the better side, deserved all three points.

I'm certain someone on here has moved Keane into their fantasy football team and jinxed him.

Tottenham though, not sure even the League Cup can save Mourinho at this point.

Without Allan last night we get nothing out that game. He is unreal but the biggest miss is the motorman docoure. James was unreal as well he must be looking in the mirror at home and thinking some of these players are not worth playing the ball too. However last night we did more then enough to win the game
My vote for motm was Allan; gets us moving up the pitch so much quicker, frees Rodriguez up to do his thing 20 yards closer to the opponent's goal.

We will obviously never know, but I would expect any striker, within 10 yards, about 3 yards offside, with nobody around them to be able to score such chances. The keeper can't even get set.

I really can't look at those goals yesterday and think "god if only DCL/Richarlison scored when opposing defenders expertly played them in" I just look at it and think "why is Keane and to a degree Holgate allowing a simple clearance to end up at the feet of their striker". Maybe other people have a different reading and I'm being really harsh on them, but that is solely on Keane and to a lesser degree Holgate.
Funny you calling them ‘tap in’s’ though - both were further out than any goal DCL has scored in the entire season.

Just saw the goals - definitely communication problems there, and maybe they're both not vocal enough. We already know Keane is a quiet player - which is fine, but we have to choose just one of them at a time it looks like. Godfrey-Mina and Holgate/Keane as reserves would be better looks like.
I think next season it will be Godfrey and koulibaly hopefully.

Whilst last night's outcome continued a dissappointing string of results at least we saw an improvement in performance.

Pickford played well and wasn't at fault for either goal.

Godfrey and Digne were excellent but I want to see Godfrey at CB.

The 2 fools playing at CB cost us the game and it was frightening how easily Son went past Keane on a one on one. Up to this point I was prepared to allow for his lack of pace as other aspects of his defending were good. However I now accept that a team with Keane in it is unlikely to be sucessful. Holgate was , well Holgate. Routinely this season we have seen a lack of concentration and focus when it matters. A new centre half to partner Godfrey and right back to replace Seamus are priorities for next season.

Midfield was much better. Allan was excellent and makes so much difference. Davies was vastly improved from the Brighton game when he was woeful. If he could achieve consistency he would be a real asset. Iwobi was , not for the first time , an embarassment and must be replaced.
Siggurdson was really very good and shows that he can be an important squad player for the future.
James was outstanding and again demonstrated that he has more talent than everyone else in this team. His pass to Richarlison was sublime.

We need to get Doucoure fit and sign a dynamic midfielder or 2 to replace Delph , Gomes and Besic.

Richarlison was once again profligate in front of goal. He had 2 chances that a good finisher put away . However DCL would probaly have squandered those chances as well.

So , it was better but we are a million miles away from being a top 4 team.

Huge summer for The Architect , let's hope that he's up to it ( if his contract is renewed ) .

Status
Not open for further replies.