2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we fail to get Europe and someone like West Ham does, it would be an indefensible travesty.
What a load of bollocks, we shouldn’t be given Europe because of who we are, fact is West Ham have been consistent this season, arguably more so than Leicester, City, United and Chelsea

We’ve dropped points at home because too many fail to turn up, simple as that, just even turning 2-3 of those defeats/draws at home puts us in an even stronger picture but again I stress, we still have 27 points to play for, it’s far far from over yet

I can't believe Ronald Koeman might win La Liga, and Carlo is going to finish around 8th the same as Allardyce. What a world we live in.

And Moyes obviously...

Koeman has Messi in a three team league, and I still wouldn’t bank on them winning it.

One home win in eight home games, down to 8th place with clubs supposedly having awful seasons ahead of us but it’s not Ancelotti’s fault.

Any other manager we’ve had over the past 5 years would be getting dog’s abuse for the form we’re in and seemingly not being able to turn it around.

He was set the target of Europa League and we currently sit outside of those places with our form stuttering.

If he fails to get Europe, there are no excuses. People can stick their head in the sand all they want but the truth will be that Ancelotti has failed here and brought in a load of old crocks in the hope of quick success.

What a load of bollocks, we shouldn’t be given Europe because of who we are, fact is West Ham have been consistent this season, arguably more so than Leicester, City, United and Chelsea

We’ve dropped points at home because too many fail to turn up, simple as that, just even turning 2-3 of those defeats/draws at home puts us in an even stronger picture but again I stress, we still have 27 points to play for, it’s far far from over yet
Who said we should be given it?

Carlo said that’s the objective for the season.

So we don’t drop points at home because of anything to do with Carlo’s tactics? Ok mate.

Who said we should be given it?

Carlo said that’s the objective for the season.

So we don’t drop points at home because of anything to do with Carlo’s tactics? Ok mate.
He sets the team out, he doesn’t tell them to let teams overrun them in midfield, to get caught short at the back, miss chance after chance. That’s in the players and their individual mentalities

This isn’t a case of wanting ancelotti out or anything like it. As usual there’s 1 or 2 posters who take that line and everybody knows full well that they can be ignored - and whatever they say on any other subject is ignored - but it suits people to make out like their comments are representative on this because they can make out like anyone questioning decisions is deranged.

The lengths some people will go to to absolve ancelotti of any blame whatsoever are just weird. This run of home form is truly awful, the football is dire (although better last night to be fair) and the constant desire to just hold what we have, despite almost never looking comfortable doing it, is just maddening. It doesn’t mean he can’t succeed here, it doesn’t mean we’ve ‘turned’ but being honest after 16/17 months of him at the helm I’m no clearer on the direction we’re heading in. It’s burying your head in the sand to just say it’s fine because of his record elsewhere. We can have faith that he’ll turn it round - we don’t have much choice - but it’s blind faith truth be told. There’s very little evidence on the pitch that we’re getting closer.

Last night I think the nervousness came from missing chances. If DCL scores that chance straight after the goal we would have won comfortably. However once he didn't it gave them hope and we started worrying. From then on an equaliser looked inevitable. It was disappointing, as recently we've struggled to create, and that wasn't the issue last night.

Last night I think the nervousness came from missing chances. If DCL scores that chance straight after the goal we would have won comfortably. However once he didn't it gave them hope and we started worrying. From then on an equaliser looked inevitable. It was disappointing, as recently we've struggled to create, and that wasn't the issue last night.
It wasn’t too dissimilar to Leicester at home, in the way that we knew an equaliser was inevitable.
This is because as an attacking unit we are pretty impotent and can’t finish teams off or play with enough attacking intent to get a game dead and buried because usually we don’t create enough.

We are one of the worst and most frustrating teams in the league to watch.

I do feel the fan base make a lot more excuses for Carlo than any other manager. You’ve got to be realistic and say our home form is nowhere near acceptable. Just saying “not his fault the strikers didn’t finish” doesn’t really cut the mustard when yet again as soon as we scored we tried to park the bus. If the strikers had scored any of their chances the same result would’ve happened I reckon.

I would like to understand why did he chose to play last night with 5 at the back in 5/3/2 formation ? We played with CP at home , what’s the message to his own players

I do feel the fan base make a lot more excuses for Carlo than any other manager. You’ve got to be realistic and say our home form is nowhere near acceptable. Just saying “not his fault the strikers didn’t finish” doesn’t really cut the mustard when yet again as soon as we scored we tried to park the bus. If the strikers had scored any of their chances the same result would’ve happened I reckon.
If dcl scored his 2 chances and richy his to put us up 4 nil. We would still have drawn?

I don’t understand these people who want us to sack the manager every time we have a run of bad results. Surely they can see that if we did that we’d literally never get anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.