2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the last time we where 5 points off 4th spot in april. Without even mentioning the game in hand.
game in hand is meaningless if we can’t win games. I’ve got a lottery ticket in my pocket I haven’t checked, so technically I’m in the running to be a millionaire, but I’m not

I wonder when the last time we where 5 points off 4th spot in april. Without even mentioning the game in hand.
You may have to go back a long time. I checked where we where in the martinez phenomenal season at this stage and we were 9 points off 4th and had played a game extra.

Carlo out.

I can't blame him for the multiple missed opportunities because any manager with the same players would play the same players.

Formation we got it spot on due to lack of defensive midfielder options.

Substitutions perhaps costed us but Coleman for Godfrey was the right option and bringing a attacking midfielder (James) for a defensive midfielder (Gbamin) was the right call IF we had a comfortable lead. Gbamin didn't do anything wrong but he wasn't upto match fitness but for the last 10 he was ok.

Palace goal came from lack of concentration and ball watching - Godfrey goes to press Zaha who moves inside which leaves a hole in the right of defense but he spots the danger and tries to get back, Keane is ball watching and just leave Batshuayi and there is no pressure on assist (Davies or Gbamin) at all plus our defensive line is shocking which plays him onside.

View attachment 123294

All in all we totally dominated chances and we let them have one clear chance in the 84th minute which they put away.

A poor poor results considering our chances and at home but we take a point and we still have 10 games to put it right so let's hope we used all our missed chances in that one game.

crazy that screen shot. Playing 541 and they have two players between the lines and one player in behind. Absolutely disgraceful.

game in hand is meaningless if we can’t win games. I’ve got a lottery ticket in my pocket I haven’t checked, so technically I’m in the running to be a millionaire, but I’m not
Yes forget about the game in hand. Just 5 points off champions league i General after playing this many At this stage of the season. Turns out we where 9 points off it under the first martinez season.

I can you Carlo is lucky that the fans aren’t in the ground. When you ruin the weekend of 40,000 fans every week against the likes Fulham, Crystal Palace fans would be his back.
Form is bad but he has done enough to show some improvement this season, we really do need to kick on next season though.

I can't believe Ronald Koeman might win La Liga, and Carlo is going to finish around 8th the same as Allardyce. What a world we live in.

And Moyes obviously...

I don't blame Carlo for the loss itself, we were wasteful, he got his initial team right, but he got the subs wrong. It happens. Move on. But he got the balance right and I though 2 in front with DCL and Richarlison AND James in the team with wingbacks that protected him caused Crystal Palace a lot of trouble. Once James came off, that cut off the supply to the front two and really invited CP on. The James and Coleman subs were the difference.

I can you Carlo is lucky that the fans aren’t in the ground. When you ruin the weekend of 40,000 fans every week against the likes Fulham, Crystal Palace fans would be his back.
Form is bad but he has done enough to show some improvement this season, we really do need to kick on next season though.
It’s always “next season” with Everton.
From all of the chances we have had, we will unlikely get another chance like this for a while to get top 4 but we simply don’t have the tools to complete the job.
If we don’t get European football next season then it’s a failure and another false dawn of a season.

This is going to be a big big summer, he needs better players, we are tarnishing his reputation at the moment. He isn't blameless but we missed 5 chances last night you can't put that on Carlo. Subs weren't great but we should have been out of sight.

Can't imagine Carlo is happy at all at some performances but he takes his share of blame too. He obviously doesn't trust his players to attack and be tight.

It’s always “next season” with Everton.
From all of the chances we have had, we will unlikely get another chance like this for a while to get top 4 but we simply don’t have the tools to complete the job.
If we don’t get European football next season then it’s a failure and another false dawn of a season.
If we fail to get Europe and someone like West Ham does, it would be an indefensible travesty.

Winning any match at this point in time, would do.Forget about Europe it's not going to happen this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.