2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It truly does wind me up to no end seeing shouts about Carlo. Honestly. Look let’s be honest, yes he made poor changes tonight, fair enough. But Christ what is he supposed to do lace up his old pair of boots and bring himself on to finish the chances?

He changed players to a more defensive shape as Palace brought on 3 attackers and were at us all night. Fair enough they didn’t work out but this is totally on the players, again. Dom, Richy and Keane cost us that tonight without a shadow of a doubt. Should and would’ve been a comfortable win if they didn’t all collectively decide to play their worst games of the season all at the same time.

Also look the squad is still poor and we all know it, Carlo has brought in 4 players in the summer that start basically every game, (Godfrey being the exception as he’s growing into it) and we’ve been missing all 4 for large parts of the season. Add onto that we’ve been missing basically every other nailed down first choice player for weeks to months too at some point e.g Dom, Pickford and Digne.

Carlo has had no luck whatsoever this year, some results have been disappointing yes but I would say most of the time it’s been down to individual errors or poor player performance rather than tactics or subs. Look today for a very direct example.

I do believe in the summer we’ll address the squad further and probably add another 3 starters at least if not more meaning of the squad Carlo inherited less than 18 months ago he’ll have had to bring in 7 or 8 starters to the team, just think of the perspective, no other decent team would have to do that but we do that’s just literally how poor of a squad we have. We can all see it and say it every week but even still there’s people who lay the blame at Carlo’s feet it’s bizarre.

Look we need Europe this season, it’d be a travesty without it and I think we’ll get some form of it, obviously just disappointing that we could’ve actually relatively easily picked up Champions League if the squad wasn’t so full of bottlers and losers. However look at it this way I’d much prefer next year to go deep into the Europa League and challenge to win it, build a better more competitive squad and secure a more long term challenge further up the league than to get into the Champions League and maybe not even make it out of the group stages.

Come August I hope we’ll be looking at this team with a new RB, RW, at least and probably 2 other starters while shifting out more of the deadwood rotting at the club and we’ll be in a lot better shape. All about regrouping now and pushing on for the rest of the season getting as many points as possible and finishing as high as we can.

Carlo is the man to bring success back to this club. He cannot however do it with bad players.

It truly does wind me up to no end seeing shouts about Carlo. Honestly. Look let’s be honest, yes he made poor changes tonight, fair enough. But Christ what is he supposed to do lace up his old pair of boots and bring himself on to finish the chances?

He changed players to a more defensive shape as Palace brought on 3 attackers and were at us all night. Fair enough they didn’t work out but this is totally on the players, again. Dom, Richy and Keane cost us that tonight without a shadow of a doubt. Should and would’ve been a comfortable win if they didn’t all collectively decide to play their worst games of the season all at the same time.

Also look the squad is still poor and we all know it, Carlo has brought in 4 players in the summer that start basically every game, (Godfrey being the exception as he’s growing into it) and we’ve been missing all 4 for large parts of the season. Add onto that we’ve been missing basically every other nailed down first choice player for weeks to months too at some point e.g Dom, Pickford and Digne.

Carlo has had no luck whatsoever this year, some results have been disappointing yes but I would say most of the time it’s been down to individual errors or poor player performance rather than tactics or subs. Look today for a very direct example.

I do believe in the summer we’ll address the squad further and probably add another 3 starters at least if not more meaning of the squad Carlo inherited less than 18 months ago he’ll have had to bring in 7 or 8 starters to the team, just think of the perspective, no other decent team would have to do that but we do that’s just literally how poor of a squad we have. We can all see it and say it every week but even still there’s people who lay the blame at Carlo’s feet it’s bizarre.

Look we need Europe this season, it’d be a travesty without it and I think we’ll get some form of it, obviously just disappointing that we could’ve actually relatively easily picked up Champions League if the squad wasn’t so full of bottlers and losers. However look at it this way I’d much prefer next year to go deep into the Europa League and challenge to win it, build a better more competitive squad and secure a more long term challenge further up the league than to get into the Champions League and maybe not even make it out of the group stages.

Come August I hope we’ll be looking at this team with a new RB, RW, at least and probably 2 other starters while shifting out more of the deadwood rotting at the club and we’ll be in a lot better shape. All about regrouping now and pushing on for the rest of the season getting as many points as possible and finishing as high as we can.

Carlo is the man to bring success back to this club. He cannot however do it with bad players.
As a team we've had plenty of luck this year.

My concise summary of my feelings on Carlo at this point are I still feel like we should give him time and the benefit of the doubt but it is almost entirely down to things he's done with clubs that aren't Everton.

Some absolute wham again - carlos doing what he can with what he's got.

You take Allan and doucoure out and were left with gomes/Davies/Sigfraud etc, so why do people expect us to be amazing - it's the same crap midfield we had last season.

If Richy and DCL had there shooting boots on and the palace keeper didn't have a worldie we win easily - get a grip FFS or go back under your rocks.
Dun worry we have a strong grip on top 8...

Yes the manager takes some blame as I've said. But thats no excuse for the player making a basic error. Godfrey switched off and it cost us a goal. He has to be better than that.

And Keane, who was totally out of position and didn't track Batshuayi?

And so was Godfrey, because he was playing in a position he's never played in before, trying to mark one of the league's best wingers on his day.

Keane was all over the shop. He can see Batshuayi, then leaves him, then hesitates, and then is stuck in no man's land. Again, a situation that probably doesn't happen in a flat four.

It was a soft goal, I a

The goal was all on Keane....Godfrey managed to get inches away after dashing back while Keane was still turning around.

I wouldnt let it wind you up mate...

In the main its @tirion who its been mentioned by others that he comes here when the RS win and Everton dont...

... @GwladysBlue who has never posted a positive comment about Everton in his posting history, aside from sarcasm....

... @gwladysnight whose posts i tend to skim read and chuckle at their obviousness.

The fact is that if we had scored one of those numerous clear cut chances we would have won. If Keane wasnt such a poor player we wouldnt have conceded.

All moving forward and we know we need a few top players in the summer as theres a huge disparity in quality amongst the team.

Some lads just need to give the forum a miss for a few days if we don't win a match.

In a lot of games we have struggled to create clear cut chances and the forwards have exceeded what was expected, tonight was the exact opposite. We just need a night where those early chances go in so the confidence can start to flow through the team again.

Probably should have brought King on instead of Gbamin. The Gomes injury messed the whole plan up. I imagine Sigurdsson for James Godfrey for Coleman and we could have saved the last substitute until later. Coleman and James were clearly tired so he had to make the substitutions when he did. Another week of training for both James and Gbamin and Coleman with his feet up we will be stronger next week. I still think 4th is possible even if is highly unlikely. 6th was my target and although I now think 7th is our most likely finishing place its still an improvement. Another 3/4 in and we push on again.

I can't blame him for the multiple missed opportunities because any manager with the same players would play the same players.

Formation we got it spot on due to lack of defensive midfielder options.

Substitutions perhaps costed us but Coleman for Godfrey was the right option and bringing a attacking midfielder (James) for a defensive midfielder (Gbamin) was the right call IF we had a comfortable lead. Gbamin didn't do anything wrong but he wasn't upto match fitness but for the last 10 he was ok.

Palace goal came from lack of concentration and ball watching - Godfrey goes to press Zaha who moves inside which leaves a hole in the right of defense but he spots the danger and tries to get back, Keane is ball watching and just leave Batshuayi and there is no pressure on assist (Davies or Gbamin) at all plus our defensive line is shocking which plays him onside.

Screenshot_20210406-061554.png

All in all we totally dominated chances and we let them have one clear chance in the 84th minute which they put away.

A poor poor results considering our chances and at home but we take a point and we still have 10 games to put it right so let's hope we used all our missed chances in that one game.

Shush with the common sense

I can't blame him for the multiple missed opportunities because any manager with the same players would play the same players.

Formation we got it spot on due to lack of defensive midfielder options.

Substitutions perhaps costed us but Coleman for Godfrey was the right option and bringing a attacking midfielder (James) for a defensive midfielder (Gbamin) was the right call IF we had a comfortable lead. Gbamin didn't do anything wrong but he wasn't upto match fitness but for the last 10 he was ok.

Palace goal came from lack of concentration and ball watching - Godfrey goes to press Zaha who moves inside which leaves a hole in the right of defense but he spots the danger and tries to get back, Keane is ball watching and just leave Batshuayi and there is no pressure on assist (Davies or Gbamin) at all plus our defensive line is shocking which plays him onside.

View attachment 123294

All in all we totally dominated chances and we let them have one clear chance in the 84th minute which they put away.

A poor poor results considering our chances and at home but we take a point and we still have 10 games to put it right so let's hope we used all our missed chances in that one game.

The last 30mins from Keane last night was some of the worst I've seen him play. Mina was bailing him out constantly and he was panicking on the ball

Probably should have brought King on instead of Gbamin. The Gomes injury messed the whole plan up. I imagine Sigurdsson for James Godfrey for Coleman and we could have saved the last substitute until later. Coleman and James were clearly tired so he had to make the substitutions when he did. Another week of training for both James and Gbamin and Coleman with his feet up we will be stronger next week. I still think 4th is possible even if is highly unlikely. 6th was my target and although I now think 7th is our most likely finishing place its still an improvement. Another 3/4 in and we push on again.

Need 6 wins out of 8 to get to 67 points to have a chance of 4/5/6th

We should have been out of sight, not Carlo's fault

Our lack of quality midfield / wide options is glaring and something that will probably be addressed in the summer. The squad is better than last year, and next year will be better than this year. The fact that we are still in with a shout of the top 4 (maybe not after last night) at this stage of the season shows the improvement.

What's up with Allen? The guys a bit of a crock it seems.
I'm not convinced with Olsen either

I wonder when the last time we where 5 points off 4th spot in april. Without even mentioning the game in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.