2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a world class manager and still needs another season or two to have a squad of his own, as unfortunately we are still reliant on absolute duds like DCL, Davies, siggy, Coleman, etc etc

But, I find it a bit weird how every time we are bad in recent years it's the managers fault, all sacked and wanted out by the fans, now we are truly awful to watch and can't win at home and have a better squad, it's absolutely zero blame placed at the manager.

Love ancelotti and he needs more time and his own players, but we are unbearable to watch at the minute, you know exactly how the games going to go after about 5 minutes every single time.

Hopefully he's allowed to have a massive clear out in the summer

The only thing has really disappointed me in Ancelotti is that a year and half he's been here, we have no style or way of playing, We're just carrying on what Silva did and send 50 crosses in or rely on individual skill to carry us. We're not a team and haven't been since them games before the first Derby. The chopping and changing formation is really not needed either, You can be flexible but Ancelotti is OTT with it at times.

Still a world class manager and still needs another season or two to have a squad of his own, as unfortunately we are still reliant on absolute duds like DCL, Davies, siggy, Coleman, etc etc

But, I find it a bit weird how every time we are bad in recent years it's the managers fault, all sacked and wanted out by the fans, now we are truly awful to watch and can't win at home and have a better squad, it's absolutely zero blame placed at the manager.

Love ancelotti and he needs more time and his own players, but we are unbearable to watch at the minute, you know exactly how the games going to go after about 5 minutes every single time.

Hopefully he's allowed to have a massive clear out in the summer
our striker who is 1 goal off 20 goals is a dud?

I do feel the fan base make a lot more excuses for Carlo than any other manager. You’ve got to be realistic and say our home form is nowhere near acceptable. Just saying “not his fault the strikers didn’t finish” doesn’t really cut the mustard when yet again as soon as we scored we tried to park the bus. If the strikers had scored any of their chances the same result would’ve happened I reckon.

I personally would give him next season but if he fails to achieve Europe next year then questions have to be asked considering the wages he's on.

If the best we can do under Carlo is 8th and no Europe then the clubs better off paying someone half the wages to finish 10th.

Hopefully he can turn it around but the three main issues for me are:

1. Marcel Brands

2. Carlo is a tinkerman and we dont have the squad depth to be tinkering

3. He loves holding on to a 1-0 win which for me sitting back and inviting pressure is just as dangerous as the opposite of throwing 10 men forward trying to score 5 a game leaving us wide open like under Martinez.

Massive summer and season ahead.

Striker who has scored about 2 goals in 15 and couldn't finish his dinner, yes.
Yeah it's easy to pop off 2 in 15 he's an absolute dud! stat without taking into the context the absolute negative rancid football we've been playing where the lad rarely gets a sniff in most games but your minds already made up isn't it, You've just called our 19 goal striker a dud so lets just end this conversation here.

I do feel the fan base make a lot more excuses for Carlo than any other manager. You’ve got to be realistic and say our home form is nowhere near acceptable. Just saying “not his fault the strikers didn’t finish” doesn’t really cut the mustard when yet again as soon as we scored we tried to park the bus. If the strikers had scored any of their chances the same result would’ve happened I reckon.

Nobody's home form is acceptable right now. But most teams are more open at home, for whatever reason, and that has made the difference. Even Carlo said they want to find the balance between putting out a team that is attacking and one that is defensive.

He got the team right to begin the game. He just got the subs wrong last night.

Hopefully he can see what is wrong and fix it. Ultimately though any manager that continues to put their faith in Pickford Keane Coleman Davies Gomes Siggurdson will end up getting fired. I don’t know why they keep doing it. These players are blatantly not good enough. They got Silva fired and they’ll see Ancelotti out the door also unless they’re managed out of the squad.

What does the league table look like now without Pickford throwing it in his net, Davies’ losses of possession leading to goals, Siggurdson not closing someone down leading to a goal, Keane’s loss of concentration leading to goals, Coleman letting crosses in and wasting chances through not being able to cross himself. We’d probably be in the top 4 if those players had just played to even an average premier league level.

They’re incapable of it though. The time for sentiment is over, those players have one or two good games and the fan base is willing to forgive all, the harsh truth is they’re nowhere near good enough and nowhere near consistent enough. Championship chumps the lot of them. We won’t go anywhere, if any of this lot are turning out on the pitch for us next season. Even one of them. Keane and Siggurdson nearly gave a goal away yesterday by falling over a stationary ball they both went for. They’re absolute clowns.

You watch other teams in the prem and it’s very rare that their players have a problem in possession. It’s normally only doing something stupid that they get caught out. Every one of those players struggles with the basics of controlling a football and keeping possession.

Just nowhere near good enough, when will the penny drop for someone at Everton. You could flog those players to the rest of the league and not a single team who will be in this league next season would want any of them.

I personally would give him next season but if he fails to achieve Europe next year then questions have to be asked considering the wages he's on.

If the best we can do under Carlo is 8th and no Europe then the clubs better off paying someone half the wages to finish 10th.

Hopefully he can turn it around but the three main issues for me are:

1. Marcel Brands

2. Carlo is a tinkerman and we dont have the squad depth to be tinkering

3. He loves holding on to a 1-0 win which for me sitting back and inviting pressure is just as dangerous as the opposite of throwing 10 men forward trying to score 5 a game leaving us wide open like under Martinez.

Massive summer and season ahead.
It’s because of the squad depth why he tinkers, because it’s been hampered by injuries, for every game we have James and Mina back, we lose Allan and Doucoure

A normal season and we don’t change up as much

Yeah it's easy to pop off 2 in 15 he's an absolute dud! stat without taking into the context the absolute negative rancid football we've been playing where the lad rarely gets a sniff in most games but your minds already made up isn't it, You've just called our 19 goal striker a dud so lets just end this conversation here.

We should have ended the conversation when you tried to blag he doesn't get a sniff despite him missing about 17 one on ones in the last few games alone.

Couple of two months spells aside when he got 70/80% of his seasons tally in it, the other 7/8 months of the season he offers nothing. Done it last seasons, on course to do it this season

Hell score a few taps in for a month or so next season, everyone gets a hard on calling him better than Pele them he won't be seen again for 6 months.

Decent backup striker, not good enough for where we want to be.

Hopefully he can see what is wrong and fix it. Ultimately though any manager that continues to put their faith in Pickford Keane Coleman Davies Gomes Siggurdson will end up getting fired. I don’t know why they keep doing it. These players are blatantly not good enough. They got Silva fired and they’ll see Ancelotti out the door also unless they’re managed out of the squad.

What does the league table look like now without Pickford throwing it in his net, Davies’ losses of possession leading to goals, Siggurdson not closing someone down leading to a goal, Keane’s loss of concentration leading to goals, Coleman letting crosses in and wasting chances through not being able to cross himself. We’d probably be in the top 4 if those players had just played to even an average premier league level.

They’re incapable of it though. The time for sentiment is over, those players have one or two good games and the fan base is willing to forgive all, the harsh truth is they’re nowhere near good enough and nowhere near consistent enough. Championship chumps the lot of them. We won’t go anywhere, if any of this lot are turning out on the pitch for us next season. Even one of them. Keane and Siggurdson nearly gave a goal away yesterday by falling over a stationary ball they both went for. They’re absolute clowns.

You watch other teams in the prem and it’s very rare that their players have a problem in possession. It’s normally only doing something stupid that they get caught out. Every one of those players struggles with the basics of controlling a football and keeping possession.

Just nowhere near good enough, when will the penny drop for someone at Everton. You could flog those players to the rest of the league and not a single team who will be in this league next season would want any of them.
Great post

I said 4 months ago the only players, Who are capable of being part of a team seriously challenging for the top 4 and trophies.
Is Digne, Allan, James , DCL and Richarlison. The last 2 still have to take that next step. I have more faith in Richarlison going to that next level than DCL, whose got some big flaws still in his game And the others I would say Doucoure as a squad player. And Godfrey obviously Looks a real talent, but still a bit raw.

The rest, I couldn’t give a toss about

its a difficult one, in the last 20 minutes palace brought on lots of attacking players and pushed further forward its very difficult to play out of that unless you are a technically good passing team, which we aren't

we give the ball away time after time again and unfortunately in this game it bit us in the butt

until we learn how to control games when taking the lead, this will unfortunately happen

notice how as soon as they equalise we pushed keane and mina up the pitch more to grab a winner and palace changed to a counter team rather than attacking us

we just simply don't have good enough players to play out of danger or to ease pressure in tense moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.