Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an advocate for something like USM Dixie Dean Park. However, I also like the proposed USM Holy Trinity Stadium. I hear Bill does too. He reckons that if he can't have the stadium named personally in his honour, he can stomach being lumped in with Mosh and Uzzi.
It'll not have a name like those. It'll just be USM stadium.

I'm an advocate for something like USM Dixie Dean Park. However, I also like the proposed USM Holy Trinity Stadium. I hear Bill does too. He reckons that if he can't have the stadium named personally in his honour, he can stomach being lumped in with Mosh and Uzzi.
I can imagine the fume when we name one stand the Bill Kenwright stand
Maybe someone can set up a poll with a choice of 4 allowed ,to name stands
Goodison stand should be a given really
Then maybe stands named after former players
Kendall ,Harvey ,Ball Dean etc

It'll not have a name like those. It'll just be USM stadium.
I'm hearing that while "USM Stadium" and "Megafon Stadium" are contenders for stadium title, a plucky outsider feels strongly about "Blood Brothers Stadium". This is his latest gambit after he learned that the lack of restricted, limited views in the new build precluded "Bill Kenwright Limited Stadium" from entering the fray.

For some reason, I really dont like "named" stands. Perhaps with a blank canvas its different I guess, but when commentators refer to the Howard Kendal GSE it just doesnt sound right to me.

USM Arena its already be called by Uncle Uz
I think the club should consult the fans with suggestions and also look for ideas as to names
Ultimately whoever pays the money will have the choice but once USM is in there I do not think Usmanov will have an issue
Its not real sponsorship or advertisement and he knows this
Its just a way of pumping money into the club tp help with FFP
Once planning is granted he can start sponsoring the stadium as its being built

For some reason, I really dont like "named" stands. Perhaps with a blank canvas its different I guess, but when commentators refer to the Howard Kendal GSE it just doesnt sound right to me.
I think a nod to our past in a new stadium would be a good thing
Most stadiums will either have formal or informal titles on their 4 stands as it is

Does the new stadium have a museum? I hope it will. I was impressed with Manchester United's museum - not only did it have all of the usual paraphanelia befitting its own history, but it had the shirts of superstars who United's players encountered on international duty. So, there was Platini's shirt as swapped with Robson, and Rummenigge's as swapped with Whiteside. It added another level of history to a super tour.

We should be looking to source the shirts of Eusebio, Pele, and Albert from the 1966 World Cup at the very least.

I think a nod to our past in a new stadium would be a good thing
Most stadiums will either have formal or informal titles on their 4 stands as it is

Its a bit of a daft example, but when we built Goodison, would you have liked it if we called the main stand The Anfield Stand?

I think the club should consult the fans with suggestions and also look for ideas as to names
Ultimately whoever pays the money will have the choice but once USM is in there I do not think Usmanov will have an issue
Its not real sponsorship or advertisement and he knows this
Its just a way of pumping money into the club tp help with FFP
Once planning is granted he can start sponsoring the stadium as its being built

Dunno mate think for Uzzy its all about image especially considering he isn't our official owner and cant get official recognition for any future success in the same way Abramovich or Mansour can.

Perhaps the Trinity Stand and another the Dean or Dixie Stand

Dunno mate think for Uzzy its all about image especially considering he isn't our official owner and cant get official recognition for any future success in the same way Abramovich or Mansour can.
If he was able to get official recognition he could not sponsor us
WE all know who really owns Everton and at some stage in the future it would not surprise me to see Usmanov step out of the shadows and "buy " out Moshiri
At that stage we will be in the elite
Those who understand need no explanation, those who don't understand, don't matter."

Status
Not open for further replies.