Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new in pointing out the lack of pace in midfield and the side to side passing, one of the outcomes of that is by the time the ball is released to the flanks, the opposition have slid at least 2 players across to further blunt our attack. As has been said on here, we are relying on 2 players to create and score goals to win games which is not sustainable.

We can all point to the reasons mainly due to very poor recruitment in the past. Even for a manager as good as Carlo, a further 2 windows appear to be the minimum required to overcome the years of mismanagement.

Posted this in an attempt to make me feel better but still feel like a bear with a sore head.
Poor recruitment in the past? Which past you are talking about? I would say the last 5 years. Brandts probably has pissed the most money away. Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Mina, Gbamin. All crap and to expensive. Rodriguez the new colombian diva LOL. It is really pathetic. If he tried to buy the slowest weakest women team in the world he isnt far away from succeeding..

Ive seen people say they hope we dont get into any euro comps, I myself will be very disappointed if we miss out after been were we are, as the same people are saying we need better players in the summer which off course we do, but then say the same thing about new players so we can get into Europe next season, something we should be doing now considering were we are and may not get a better current chance, hoping to miss out on euro comps and then getting new players wont auto mean we get it next season for us

Ive seen people say they hope we dont get into any euro comps, I myself will be very disappointed if we miss out after been were we are, as the same people are saying we need better players in the summer which off course we do, but then say the same thing about new players so we can get into Europe next season, something we should be doing now considering were we are and may not get a better current chance, hoping to miss out on euro comps and then getting new players wont auto mean we get it next season for us
I get both sides of the argument. Why wouldn’t you want to finish as high as possible? Because we have the worst midfield in the Premier? We probably do. But Carlo won’t see us competing next season with the likes of Iwobi, Gomes and co in the Europa League. He will want the best finish possible to convince new players that we are the team to come to. He’s making-do with the shight he’s inherited but I’ve no doubt he does not see them being at Everton in the long term.

This club hasn`t changed one bit, a second bottom 10 placing incoming. 2nd successive by CA....

Bear in mind Moyes, Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce finished top 8. Beginning to think that some certain Italian is a fraud and only here for a final pay day! Prove me wrong, I have so much ammo!
If Carlo can't turn us into a European outfit on a regular basis then absolutely no one we can possibly attract can. We really have 2 choices; accept that this is a long term project or accept that we'll never be any good

Probably one of the worst Everton performances under Carlo, that diamond formation is out of date and didn’t work for us !!!

Honestly looked at that MOTM poll considered every person on that list as I remember how they played and just couldn't vote for anybody... The best of them were all equally poor and then the rest were worse. Bloody sad that.

Status
Not open for further replies.