Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo his outfield substitutions we looked worse - King is not a winger plus Tom Davies was playing better than most ....... Creative wise ......our squad is very poor send a right back on loan & suffer Holgate?
Another Inept performance plus Rhico did not look interested.......
Carlo had a mare with them subs to be fair haha. Awful and changed the game in favour of Burnley even more.

I'm sick of football altogether.
The endless grind of fixtures has just just been relentless.
Special circumstances of course but this current Everton side just totally pathetic, playing cack footie, no spirit whatsoever, and giving us no hope at all.
I would argue that this season, hope is the one thing they gave us. But as we all know, it's the hope that kills. We can still sneak into europe but if we don't, it would hurt twice as much given that we were up there all season

Over paid, under performing shower of complacent cowards. Too many have had it too easy for too long.
Just hope Carlo and Mosh finally demonstrate its not good enough with new & better players in the squad come the summer and let some of these dossers rot in the reserves if they apply the required effort, desire and ability.
mate

he's as much to blame as anyone for these displays

I'm sorry, him and his coaching team have had 6 examples in the last 2.5 months of this exact same type of game

Why can he get it so right in a lot of away games, yet so wrong at home?

It's mental.

Fed up of just pinning it on the players. We know they can be crap, but they're also the ones who have done pretty well too.

The manager puts them out and sets the tone. As soon as Wood scored, we were never winning that match.

Keep on picking players who don’t put it in
Sorry but Allan was dreadful
Luca hasn’t played well for over a year most of this crosses now are [Poor language removed] but the worst thing is he plays the ball back so many times
Holgate as a rb doesn’t work
AG did ok today but don’t think you can trust him in the middle of the park
And the rest were just ok at best
We have nobody that can get the ball turn and go past a player we so slow at going forward today Burnley did 3/4 quick passes and carved us open

I really don’t know how we have got the points we have because we have been [Poor language removed] this year

@chicoazul nails it again in his preview...apart from the fact Catterick didnt have a bench really, only Sandy Brown...

“Well that’s it now isn’t it, all gone to absolute [Poor language removed] hasn’t it? Told you we were a million miles off, all these flukey wins and then we play real opposition and find out how good we really are. Eighth at best. At very best. Carlo’s got a lot of work to do, need at least six big signings in summer and that’s just to be competitive. No leaders in this team, wouldn’t get onto Catterick’s bench. Frauds stealing a living.

We all need our spirits bucking up so I’m hoping Seamus puts out a vid telling us how the lads are really going to improve in the next game. He’s so inspiring!...our team has so much backbone!...I suspect there will be more than a few teams over on the continent hoping we get into Europe next season!
Been the same for years, if we were half as good on the pitch as off it....
i get the impression that the lads’ community work is much more important to the club than is the playing side of things. I don’t have a problem with that per se: to see the happy faces on the kids stuck in borstal, the happy barking of all the dogs in the SPCA, the swooning face on the girl on reception at the adoption agency etc etc.
...proud of our brave lionhearts I am...really proud.
Love Blue Chrimbo me

Well done Burnley. Showed more energy, commitment, positivity, and directness, not to mention they had more of an idea of what to do with the ball. I Felt Carlo Ancelotti got it wrong taking Tome Davies off, but that's just my opinion.

Giving my MotM to Michael Keane, thought he had a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.