Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see us winning our next 3 games. As easy as they look on paper they are far from it this season and the type we have struggled badly in. Unless if we suddenly become a fluid attacking side (which we haven't been all season) it can only be expected that a par 4 points from these 3 games is likely

I just can't see us winning our next 3 games. As easy as they look on paper they are far from it this season and the type we have struggled badly in. Unless if we suddenly become a fluid attacking side (which we haven't been all season) it can only be expected that a par 4 points from these 3 games is likely
You're probably correct. I think we could well win all three, but I suspect we're more likely not to do that - and consistency is everything now. West Ham seem to have got that down to a tee right now. They are reliably beating the non top six sides. We did that recently too, but the next three will tell us all we need to know. Win them all and it's very much game on and a battle to the end. Drop any points and reality will set in quickly. We'll probably finish 7th-9th.

The reality is we will finish between 9 and 7th max. In order to finish in the top 4, your mentality needs to be there. Unfortunately we all know what happens to Everton Football Club the moment expectations are placed.

The consecutive games we bottled at home would prove the difference between 4th and 7th. You can't finish in top 4 by hoping to nick games 1-0 without completely deserving a win.

Unless we get 9/9 out of Burnley/Palace/Brighton - stick a fork in us we are done.

The reality is we will finish between 9 and 7th max. In order to finish in the top 4, your mentality needs to be there. Unfortunately we all know what happens to Everton Football Club the moment expectations are placed.

The consecutive games we bottled at home would prove the difference between 4th and 7th. You can't finish in top 4 by hoping to nick games 1-0 without completely deserving a winwini

I'm not sure it is a mentality thing faddy mate. I just think this season we are a bit short both in quality and depth of squad. If you compare the benches today between us and Chelsea it is telling and when it went wrong and we conceded we didn't really have any options who were going to change it in our favour.

Davies coming on didn't exactly get me off my seat. I think considering our squad and depth we are overachieving currently. But I don't think its a mentality thing

I'm not sure it is a mentality thing faddy mate. I just think this season we are a bit short both in quality and depth of squad. If you compare the benches today between us and Chelsea it is telling and when it went wrong and we conceded we didn't really have any options who were going to change it in our favour.

Davies coming on didn't exactly get me off my seat. I think considering our squad and depth we are overachieving currently. But I don't think its a mentality thing

Tonight I agree with you mate.

I was referring to the home games we bottled in February. We had a stronger teams on paper that should have sealed at least 8/12 points in those games but hardly started any of those games as if we're up for them. If you don't have the fire in your belly to win such games then you end up hoping other teams drop points, which is unlikely to happen for us.

Possibly 5 English teams in the CL from 2024.

And :

In answering a question about the likelihood of capping player salaries and agents' fees, Agnelli spoke about major changes to the transfer system which, as impractical as it appears, he feels may involve an agreement by leading clubs not to sell players to each other.

"The moment is fertile to think of greater solutions," he said. "We should be looking at a wide range of reforms.

"We could think of a double path transfer system, where clubs qualifying for specific tiers of international competition wouldn't be allowed to buy each other's players.

"That would improve the indirect solidarity to other clubs and mean no triple-figure transfers amongst Champions League participating clubs. These are elements we are discussing."

Possibly 5 English teams in the CL from 2024.

And :

In answering a question about the likelihood of capping player salaries and agents' fees, Agnelli spoke about major changes to the transfer system which, as impractical as it appears, he feels may involve an agreement by leading clubs not to sell players to each other.

"The moment is fertile to think of greater solutions," he said. "We should be looking at a wide range of reforms.

"We could think of a double path transfer system, where clubs qualifying for specific tiers of international competition wouldn't be allowed to buy each other's players.

"That would improve the indirect solidarity to other clubs and mean no triple-figure transfers amongst Champions League participating clubs. These are elements we are discussing."
Not sure i completely understand, So if there are two clubs in the same tier they cant buy each others players?

Seems thats what they are suggesting.

I doubt it goes through.
Seems a bit strange.
So you play for a tier 1 club lets say Messi, You cant sign for Bayern Juve PSG (tier 1) but he would be able to sign for say Porto or Seville (tier 2) or below

Not sure i completely understand, So if there are two clubs in the same tier they cant buy each others players?

As I understand it, they cannot spend more that a certain amount....say £100 million...on a player from a CL rival.

But they can buy players from each other below the ceiling price.

But I could be wrong.

Of greater concern to me is the re-emergence of this notion of “past record” being a criteria for qualification.

Reactions: JLW
Seems thats what they are suggesting.

I doubt it goes through.

I heard on SSN the major clubs are in favour of it.

Preobably swayed by the promise of “past record” being used as a criteria for qualification.

Really suit the RS and Arsenal the way things are panning out this season.

I heard on SSN the major clubs are in favour of it.

Preobably swayed by the promise of “past record” being used as a criteria for qualification.

Really suit the RS and Arsenal the way things are panning out this season.
Of course they would be! I may be wrong but at first glance it looks like they are trying to get an even playing field but in reality they want the big names in there one way or another.

Seems a bit strange.
So you play for a tier 1 club lets say Messi, You cant sign for Bayern Juve PSG (tier 1) but he would be able to sign for say Porto or Seville (tier 2) or below
What a load of crap - this transfer system I mean not your message!

so they’ll just keep buying players from below them then. No I’d much rather Liverpool send coutinho to Barca and waste $150m in the process.

What a load of crap - this transfer system I mean not your message!

so they’ll just keep buying players from below them then. No I’d much rather Liverpool send coutinho to Barca and waste $150m in the process.
I could be completely wrong in what i think they're proposing.
Maybe @Khalekan is right in you can sell to a tier 1 but only up to a max of 100mil

Status
Not open for further replies.