Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same principal, you're asking fans about their club. I haven't directly criticised Ba, or asked him to justify it either - I said good luck to him. I understand the decision, my opinion is he's not got much integrity, in a footballing sense.

But the world of the fan and the player are completly different.

What does your question about which option the fans would prefer have to do with what club a player might sign for?

As i said before, a lot of fans seem to think players should see things the same way as a fan does, and that just isn't gonna happen apart from in rare cases.

Maybe he doesn't have "integrity" in a footballing sense. But why should he?

Again fans seem to think footballers should have this integrity, when i fact professional footballers probably don't share that view.

Its just a job.

Buzzing off the geordie coming on here. Hes crap lid and deep down you know it. Ashleys raping your club and you shoeless half Scottish bells are taking it like the sh*thouses you are.

Now get up the stairs and save your sister from your brother.

I bet he got turned down for Geordie Shore for being too much of an idiot.

Which considering the ones who did get on the show is quite an achievement.

But the world of the fan and the player are completly different.

What does your question about which option the fans would prefer have to do with what club a player might sign for?

As i said before, a lot of fans seem to think players should see things the same way as a fan does, and that just isn't gonna happen apart from in rare cases.

Maybe he doesn't have "integrity" in a footballing sense. But why should he?

Again fans seem to think footballers should have this integrity, when i fact professional footballers probably don't share that view.

Its just a job.

I would prefer my team to be built with integrity, and win 'honestly'. I would prefer players who want to play for my team, for my fellow fans and for the shirt. That's a rare thing these days. The principal of integrity is there through both points - I can't spell it out much more.

You're right, he doesn't have to have any integrity, based on that, I'm not that bothered he's not going to play for us next season. The Everton, and Evertonians I grew up with expected players to care about the shirt (see: Nyarko). I don't think I'm in the minority (yet) in wanting that still.

Most jobs require you to have a degree of integrity, by the way. Try telling them in an interview you don't have any and see what happens.

I would prefer my team to be built with integrity, and win 'honestly'. I would prefer players who want to play for my team, for my fellow fans and for the shirt. That's a rare thing these days. The principal of integrity is there through both points - I can't spell it out much more.

You're right, he doesn't have to have any integrity, based on that, I'm not that bothered he's not going to play for us next season. The Everton, and Evertonians I grew up with expected players to care about the shirt (see: Nyarko). I don't think I'm in the minority (yet) in wanting that still.

Most jobs require you to have a degree of integrity, by the way. Try telling them in an interview you don't have any and see what happens.

I agree with you mate. However again you're seeing things from a fans pov rather than the players.

Yeah sure most jobs would want me to at least pretend i have some integrity at an interview otherwise i won't get anywhere. However i suspect most employers won't give a crap whether i love the company or not as long as i do my job well.

Whereas football fans seem to want both out of players, to love the employer and do the job well. Just doesn't work like that.

But i see your view and you see mine and i think we're just going round in circles now :)

Who cares like hes now irrelevnet. It could have been the makings of him coming to us. He will go no where there lets be honest.

We will finish ahead of them and Sunderland - who will spend shed loads to try and get close to us and we will be fruious untill Aug.

Last edited:

I agree with you mate. However again you're seeing things from a fans pov rather than the players.

Yeah sure most jobs would want me to at least pretend i have some integrity at an interview otherwise i won't get anywhere. However i suspect most employers won't give a crap whether i love the company or not as long as i do my job well.

Whereas football fans seem to want both out of players, to love the employer and do the job well. Just doesn't work like that.

But i see your view and you see mine and i think we're just going round in circles now :)

Quite. I do enjoy a good debate.

This is still the friendliest bit of the Internet I've ever been on mind.

I think Moyes sees both your views and its one of the reasons beyond limited funds and parsimony, why he doesn't attempt to outbid the likes of Newcastle. If he thinks a player just wants the cash then he knows how much commitment he would of got from that player.

I think Moyes sees both your views and its one of the reasons beyond limited funds and parsimony, why he doesn't attempt to outbid the likes of Newcastle. If he thinks a player just wants the cash then he knows how much commitment he would of got from that player.

I think that a very good point mate.

I think that a very good point mate.

It is yes.

Moyes will see it from a professional pov and thats a good thing. Most of the time.

Although i do love the fact that was as a club, from the fans through the manager to the players do things a certain way, have a certain belief of how things should be done, sometimes i do worry that it doesn't help us when it comes to making that push for success.

Sometimes the mercaneries and belters are the best players.

Sure there's other reasons which dictate things but is an average player but decent honest commited player always better than a good player but one who's greedy and moody?

Status
Not open for further replies.