2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

Im baffled by you people, we finally have a great manager, who is finding ways to get wins and its not good enough. I get people being unhappy with defeats, but we won a game tonight that took us into the top 4, in March, I honestly forget the last time that happened, maybe you know?

But anyway, we are still in the FA Cup, challenging for the top 4, the wins aren't pretty, but they are wins, how can you honestly not be happy? Sure the results arent totally sustainable, but again, we are in with a fighting chance of playing in a truly elite footballing competition and 3 games away from our first trophy in a lifetime.

What then makes people like you pick holes? What drives the deep unhappiness you must have to find fault?

What do you want? What are your goals with regards Everton?
3 years ago, I, just like almost every Evertonian was against Sam Allardyce for getting the Everton job full time because of 1 underlying reason. THE ANTI FOOTBALL BRAND WAS NOT WHAT EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB STANDS FOR. But for arguments sake, he finished 8th after inhering a team close to relegation. Why did the same fans then didn't make a case for backing him? Even he was getting good results through anti football and by account of the job he did, should have been backed more.

Carlo has a better resume than Allardyce so yeah, anything Carlo does is forgiven. Its that bullshit mindset I don't understand. I admire the efforts he has done in the 14 months and I disagree with him for not doing enough to work with Kean and Bernard while he still sees potential in Iwobi and Sigurdsson.

The general notion that "Oh this squad is so poor and is punching above its weight by a massive amount" is a joke. If this group of players assembled by the geniuses was so poor, then the ones who sanctioned these moves including Brands are to be held accountable as well.

Its not about the last 4 home games, its the approach that was taken in those 4 games what annoys me. Ancelloti and Everton are better than that. The whole case for Carlo is based right now cos he got away with 2 games with barely 1 shot on target whilw being outplayed by the opposition. Its purely luck and not sustainable. The win at Anfield is something I will genuinely admire Carlo for as he took the emotion out of the game which is how we should approach derbies considering our [Poor language removed] record.

I am not going to buy this "Oh Carlo is god and immune to critism" no matter what he does. I remember the same fans starting to believe Roberto Martinez could do no wrong after the 1st season. You should have every right to criticise if you don't believe in something and I do not believe Everton is that poor or injury stricken to approach games with such pragmatism and then hope VAR or last ditch Pickford could save the 1-0 slender wins.

The majority may believe Carlo's pragmatic anti football approach is a go for right now its yielding slender results but those same people also disapproved Sam Allardyce's similar approach.

But I know the hyenas will now come out to attack any criticsm cos "How dare someone not believe in Carlo's style of football".

Let the middle fingers in for voicing an unpopular opinion.

Hey @bicycleheader where you at?

3 years ago, I, just like almost every Evertonian was against Sam Allardyce for getting the Everton job full time because of 1 underlying reason. THE ANTI FOOTBALL BRAND WAS NOT WHAT EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB STANDS FOR. But for arguments sake, he finished 8th after inhering a team close to relegation. Why did the same fans then didn't make a case for backing him? Even he was getting good results through anti football and by account of the job he did, should have been backed more.

Carlo has a better resume than Allardyce so yeah, anything Carlo does is forgiven. Its that bullshit mindset I don't understand. I admire the efforts he has done in the 14 months and I disagree with him for not doing enough to work with Kean and Bernard while he still sees potential in Iwobi and Sigurdsson.

The general notion that "Oh this squad is so poor and is punching above its weight by a massive amount" is a joke. If this group of players assembled by the geniuses was so poor, then the ones who sanctioned these moves including Brands are to be held accountable as well.

Its not about the last 4 home games, its the approach that was taken in those 4 games what annoys me. Ancelloti and Everton are better than that. The whole case for Carlo is based right now cos he got away with 2 games with barely 1 shot on target whilw being outplayed by the opposition. Its purely luck and not sustainable. The win at Anfield is something I will genuinely admire Carlo for as he took the emotion out of the game which is how we should approach derbies considering our [Poor language removed] record.

I am not going to buy this "Oh Carlo is god and immune to critism" no matter what he does. I remember the same fans starting to believe Roberto Martinez could do no wrong after the 1st season. You should have every right to criticise if you don't believe in something and I do not believe Everton is that poor or injury stricken to approach games with such pragmatism and then hope VAR or last ditch Pickford could save the 1-0 slender wins.

The majority may believe Carlo's pragmatic anti football approach is a go for right now its yielding slender results but those same people also disapproved Sam Allardyce's similar approach.

But I know the hyenas will now come out to attack any criticsm cos "How dare someone not believe in Carlo's style of football".

I said the same thing with Big Sam.

I didn't care how we play, only results matter.

Give me 1-0 every week.

I said the same thing with Big Sam.

I didn't care how we play, only results matter.

Give me 1-0 every week.
The point is, it is not sustainable. The 1:0 wins will turn to 1:2 or 1:3 defeats very soon. Its like racing with a Ford Focus against Ferraris and winning 1 round because the Ferraris had mechanical failures. Not sustainable simple. The next rounds you will get your arse handed to you. That will happen to Everton sooner than later!

The point is, it is not sustainable. The 1:0 wins will turn to 1:2 or 1:3 defeats very soon. Its like racing with a Ford Focus against Ferraris and winning 1 round because the Ferraris had mechanical failures. Not sustainable simple. The next rounds you will get your arse handed to you. That will happen to Everton sooner than later!
I've said it's not sustainable, but yet here we are, fighting away for 4th.

So maybe Carlo know more than us?

What do you want, ugly wins or pretty defeats?

What happens if Everton score two?

I see your point, but I think it's a lazy, lazy move to lump in Ancelotti's style and approach with Allardyce's.

They're absolutely not the same.

It's the kind of argument I'd expect to hear on match of the day from pundits who don't watch us play for months at a time and have 30 seconds to say something controversial.

So the criticism is that the manager and the team are failing to live up to our glorious heritage?

The School of Science has been closed for far more seasons than it has been open. Eight trophies in 75 years and a few near misses suggests that a number of us are blind to the fact that we might believe in a dream rather than a sustainable goal.

Ancelotti knows what's needed and, with his team, is working hard to achieve that goal. Moaning on a forum is fine for those who want to, I prefer to enjoy bricks being put in place for a great future.

Or. Just getting results with what he has to work with right now as he adds to the squad over a few more windows.
Unless you think he has gone right thats it. Im working with this squad forever.

I've said it's not sustainable, but yet here we are, fighting away for 4th.

So maybe Carlo know more than us?

What do you want, ugly wins or pretty defeats?

I think the point is here that it doesn't have to be ugly wins vs pretty defeats for the long-term. For now, yes, I think pragmatism is the only way forward, because Ancelotti is tinkering, or doing the best he can with what he is being given. FOr the first time since the 2013-14 season, the manager is having an instant impact on the team, and we don't have to buy into a long-term development agenda. He has said that he and the players all want to play better football, so I think I'm happy with that. I don't think many fans will accept ugly wins for very long after we're allowed back, but we'll accept comfortable, controlled wins - I'm sure we dont expect to be a Guardiola team, but at least a nice technical Italian-British hybrid would be great!"

He has more than one plan. He is making the most of the playing staff we have right now.

He has shown that he can adapt. The current style came after a series of defeats. We all know it’s not the way we want to play long term, but it is getting results.

He has also brought the best out of several players, Davies, Siggy, DCL and even Pickford.

This year has given me hope. There have been bumps, but the improvement In position is not just luck. It’s Italian catenaccio defence. It’s quite deliberate And I see it as a basic building block to more expansive performances.

I see your point, but I think it's a lazy, lazy move to lump in Ancelotti's style and approach with Allardyce's.

It's the kind of argument I'd expect to hear on match of the day from pundits who don't watch us play for months at a time and have 30 seconds to say

It's the kind of argument I'd expect to hear on match of the day from pundits who don't watch us play for months at a time and have 30 seconds to say something controversial.

Does Ancelloti have a worse set of players at his disposal than Allardyce had or better?

This squad of players has a lot potential barring a few frauds. Yet the notion is "If we play any other way or try to look even 20% more positive trying to get the 2nd or 3rd goal, we'd be thumped. Because that's what happened with Silva."

That happened under Silva cos he was too stubborn to sort his tactics and had no plan B.

We CAN and SHOULD be brave in certain games than we have been and look to be more positive. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll be thumped on the counter. I don't expect him to try be extra positive against RS or City but if you start showing every opposition extra respect, you'll pay the price. For the last 2 games we got away but before those games we paid the price.

And I don't expect Carlo to change his approach. I just don't believe we are so poor in terms of our squad as if its the 04/05 season yet we are fighting for top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.