Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
He gets a hard time because he was the most unsuccessful chairman in our history. He didn't have the means to run the club in the way it needed to be run. I'm sure he'd admit as much. It took him 16 years to find somebody who did - and many will wonder if it really needed to be as long as that. I will give him this, though: nothing he did befits him as much as his leaving. By finding Moshiri, it is quite possible that Bill's last major act as Everton chairman was his greatest.
He defo kept hold of his train set for much longer than he should, that's without doubt.

But at least we now have Moshiri.

According to the recent shareholders letter Moshiri has 450 million invested in the club, the last 100 mill of which is converting loans into shares.

his investment is therefore 450 million, still not too shabby.

wish the early choices had not wasted his funds, but things are on the up.

Ive honestly lost track.

But there's his initial purchase, his interest-free loans and the USM sponsorship, which of course we wont delve into too deeply.

Im sure we can agree his "investment" has been quite substantial.
Purely out of interest, the USM sponsorship totals circa $54 million

His personal "investment" in Everton is around 800m currently and that's his own dough, the list of owners who invest money into their football clubs is small, the list of owners who invest their own money into their football clubs is smaller still.

Only Big Saudi Oil and Big Roman Vodka have done more for their clubs.
The bit in bold is open to interpretation :):)

According to the recent shareholders letter Moshiri has 450 million invested in the club, the last 100 mill of which is converting loans into shares.

his investment is therefore 450 million, still not too shabby.

wish the early choices had not wasted his funds, but things are on the up.
Everton are also creating more shares (a lot more shares) to be sold to Moshiri, which is being voted on now. I assume this is a means for Mosh to pump even more money into the club.

I know Bill gets a hard time on here, but I personally feel he did most of what he could and it should not be forgotten that hes the 1 who brought Mosh into the club.

Bill is now a rich man due to his "investment" into Everton, but when he took over the club he invested almost every penny he had.

It helps when you are a billionaire like.

Anyway, no doubt the Anti-Bill posse will be out soon, but it is what it is.
Just because you EVENTUALLY do the right thing doesn't mean you should be absolved for ballsing it up constantly before that moment. If he decided to let go 20 years ago who knows where we might be with KD.

Reds chirping in the comments section lol surprise surprise...

Can't see the comments, whats the chat?

Anyway 100m last sumer by the looks of things and another 100m for next summer. That should keep us solvent through the worst aspects of the pandemic and allow us to still spend "moderately" (probably around 50-60m net). Any Euriopean qualification, particularly CL will just be added on top of that.