Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters

As football club owners go, this fella's as good as any, in my opinion.

What a job he's doing.
His personal "investment" in Everton is around 800m currently and that's his own dough, the list of owners who invest money into their football clubs is small, the list of owners who invest their own money into their football clubs is smaller still.

Only Big Saudi Oil and Big Roman Vodka have done more for their clubs.

Sack underperforming managers - Check
Hire Carlo Ancelotti - Check
Sign James Rodriguez - Check
Win at Anfield - Check
Get Planning Permission for New Stadium - Check

I don't know about you, but, whatever the faults this guy has, he's blown Bill Kenwright's tenure out of the water in five years. To be fair, Bill set a very low bar, but this guy has done the one thing that Kenwright never could: restored hope.

Sack underperforming managers - Check
Hire Carlo Ancelotti - Check
Sign James Rodriguez - Check
Win at Anfield - Check
Get Planning Permission for New Stadium - Check

I don't know about you, but, whatever the faults this guy has, he's blown Bill Kenwright's tenure out of the water in five years. To be fair, Bill set a very low bar, but this guy has done the one thing that Kenwright never could: restored hope.
I know Bill gets a hard time on here, but I personally feel he did most of what he could and it should not be forgotten that hes the 1 who brought Mosh into the club.

Bill is now a rich man due to his "investment" into Everton, but when he took over the club he invested almost every penny he had.

It helps when you are a billionaire like.

Anyway, no doubt the Anti-Bill posse will be out soon, but it is what it is.

His personal "investment" in Everton is around 800m currently and that's his own dough, the list of owners who invest money into their football clubs is small, the list of owners who invest their own money into their football clubs is smaller still.

Only Big Saudi Oil and Big Roman Vodka have done more for their clubs.
Actually more like £450 million and circa £120 million buying shares from existing shareholders - either way, a fair amount of money.

Actually more like £450 million and circa £120 million buying shares from existing shareholders - either way, a fair amount of money.
Ive honestly lost track.

But there's his initial purchase, his interest-free loans and the USM sponsorship, which of course we wont delve into too deeply.

Im sure we can agree his "investment" has been quite substantial.

Ive honestly lost track.

But there's his initial purchase, his interest-free loans and the USM sponsorship, which of course we wont delve into too deeply.

Im sure we can agree his "investment" has been quite substantial.
You can't count USM sponsorship in his 'personal investment'

I know Bill gets a hard time on here, but I personally feel he did most of what he could and it should not be forgotten that hes the 1 who brought Mosh into the club.

Bill is now a rich man due to his "investment" into Everton, but when he took over the club he invested almost every penny he had.

It helps when you are a billionaire like.

Anyway, no doubt the Anti-Bill posse will be out soon, but it is what it is.
He gets a hard time because he was the most unsuccessful chairman in our history. He didn't have the means to run the club in the way it needed to be run. I'm sure he'd admit as much. It took him 16 years to find somebody who did - and many will wonder if it really needed to be as long as that. I will give him this, though: nothing he did befits him as much as his leaving. By finding Moshiri, it is quite possible that Bill's last major act as Everton chairman was his greatest.