Rio Ferdinand with Holgate and Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I think getting an injection of Ferguson's United dressing room mentality into ours is a good thing, I guarantee he'll be filling their heads with the idea that Everton is a stepping stone club and United is the holy grail, the flute.

I remember listening to Phil Neville talking on a podcast about the chasm between the levels of dedication between the Everton and Ferguson's United training grounds and as irritating as it was, I'm sure he's right. If there were two players in our squad that I think you can see a bit of Ferdinand in, mentality-wise it's these two. So fair play to him, he's obviously having a positive impact.

Godfrey is nailed on to go to Unites at some point

IF IF we start getting in Europe regularly, and if these players are getting regular call ups to England and other international teams (e.g. Keane made it as an Everton player, Richarlison, DCL) and if they're paid well, there's no reason we don't have a chance of hanging on to some of these younger players for 5-6 years, because we will also have a big stadium, and one thing Brands should offer which others can't is the promise of consistency and loyalty. The problem with going to the Man U type clubs is that their managers change often so they might suddenly be out of the door or out of favour. But if they play well with us they can stay central for a long time. I really hope Brands offers more than just transfer dealings and he's also into squad development and mentoring.

IF IF we start getting in Europe regularly, and if these players are getting regular call ups to England and other international teams (e.g. Keane made it as an Everton player, Richarlison, DCL) and if they're paid well, there's no reason we don't have a chance of hanging on to some of these younger players for 5-6 years, because we will also have a big stadium, and one thing Brands should offer which others can't is the promise of consistency and loyalty. The problem with going to the Man U type clubs is that their managers change often so they might suddenly be out of the door or out of favour. But if they play well with us they can stay central for a long time. I really hope Brands offers more than just transfer dealings and he's also into squad development and mentoring.

We've changed managers more often than Man Utd over the years.

Why if we keep improving and they stay roughly where they are? They're not challenging for a league title with OGS as manager and top 4 isn't a given for them, especially next season if the likes of us, Leicester and all reinvest again in the summer. The RS will likely be far better next year too when the injuries ease and the crowd is back, Arsenal seem to be slowly but surely going in the right direction under Arteta. Even Spurs you can't totally write off with their forward players.

Right now City far out in front, but after and there's about 6 teams (I don't count West Ham tbh) who are all somewhere similar in terms of quality. No one should be looking to jump from one club to the other unless something dramatic happens.

because they pay silly money, and rio is his agent.

Interesting comments about Gylfi around 29 mins.. amazing finisher.. hardest worker in training.
Yeah, some interesting viewpoints. Talk highly of Big Dunc and what Ancelotti has brought to the club.

Illuminating to hear Holgate talk about how maddening our derby record has been. Really seemed to be a monkey on the club's back. Let's hope we can kick on.

We've changed managers more often than Man Utd over the years.

Yeah....but now we shouldn't thats what I mean. Moyes-Martinez was consistent (Young untested). Matched Silva appointment too. Now we should at least have a philosophy of just getting the best possible managers to fit the culture and agenda..not lurching from Allardyce to Silva to Ancelotti...hope there's some consistency in the club. A few years ago, the likes of Barkley and now the young 4-5 players would always be found quoting stuff like 'Young players get a chance at Everton - it's the right place to be for young players etc..)

Yeah....but now we shouldn't thats what I mean. Moyes-Martinez was consistent (Young untested). Matched Silva appointment too. Now we should at least have a philosophy of just getting the best possible managers to fit the culture and agenda..not lurching from Allardyce to Silva to Ancelotti...hope there's some consistency in the club. A few years ago, the likes of Barkley and now the young 4-5 players would always be found quoting stuff like 'Young players get a chance at Everton - it's the right place to be for young players etc..)

Football has a habit of surprising though and although everything seems in place for stability regarding Ancelotti I would hesitate to believe it means the next few years won't throw a few curveballs.

Until we have actually shown that stability and consistency for a period of time I don't think we can claim to be any more stable than most of the clubs around us. What we should or shouldn't do is an irrelevance compared to what we actually do or don't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.