Rio Ferdinand with Holgate and Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rewatched Saturday’s game and saw something that I hadn’t noticed watching live. When Mane is booked for the challenge on Holgate and starts waving his arms around and moaning, Holgate walks past him and looks right at him and laughs at him. There’s a touch of the snide in young Mason and I like it.

He's like that once or twice most games, i really like Holgate so probably just subconsciously noticed it.

For me, these two should be starting every game for us.

The 3 at the back is made for them really, its the perfect system for them. I think we'll start seeing this implemented more and more once we have a new right back.

Godfrey is nailed on to go to Unites at some point

I think he's the perfect partner for Maguire if they want to have a solid defence. Those two and Wan-bissaka wouldnt let many players through.

But they would most likely go with a ball player next to Maguire or another big defender (Bruce/Pallister) and i think Keane or a ball player would be more likely.

In say 5 years time when Godfrey is 27/28 and Maguire 32 then that could be the time they (or another side) make a big splash. By then though we'll be in a new stadium and under Ancelotti we could actually be looking just as good as United.

Football is cyclical and it seems like our era is just beginning to emerge now.

I would say for sure that he is dropping hints to that effect.

Its possible, but on the other hand he's probably also saying that theyve got a world class manager and they need another year or two to progress into stars.

In that time we could have overtaken united on the pitch.

Key for us would be locking players down onto long term contracts.

IF IF we start getting in Europe regularly, and if these players are getting regular call ups to England and other international teams (e.g. Keane made it as an Everton player, Richarlison, DCL) and if they're paid well, there's no reason we don't have a chance of hanging on to some of these younger players for 5-6 years, because we will also have a big stadium, and one thing Brands should offer which others can't is the promise of consistency and loyalty. The problem with going to the Man U type clubs is that their managers change often so they might suddenly be out of the door or out of favour. But if they play well with us they can stay central for a long time. I really hope Brands offers more than just transfer dealings and he's also into squad development and mentoring.
Pretty sure we have a worse turn around in managers.

I think he's the perfect partner for Maguire if they want to have a solid defence. Those two and Wan-bissaka wouldnt let many players through.

But they would most likely go with a ball player next to Maguire or another big defender (Bruce/Pallister) and i think Keane or a ball player would be more likely.

In say 5 years time when Godfrey is 27/28 and Maguire 32 then that could be the time they (or another side) make a big splash. By then though we'll be in a new stadium and under Ancelotti we could actually be looking just as good as United.

Football is cyclical and it seems like our era is just beginning to emerge now.
Maguire, despite looking like a lump is a good ball player. Unfortunately for him he turns like an oil tanker

I just rewatched Saturday’s game and saw something that I hadn’t noticed watching live. When Mane is booked for the challenge on Holgate and starts waving his arms around and moaning, Holgate walks past him and looks right at him and laughs at him. There’s a touch of the snide in young Mason and I like it.
Holgate has never been shy on the pitch and I particularly enjoy his fronting up to other players that are trying to intimidate/bully his teammates or have made dodgy tackles on them.

My memory is failing me on who it was but recall a couple of years ago Davies (?) being forced into the advertising hoardings by a particularly aggressive challenge after a series of dubious challenges and Mason giving a very eloquent objection to the proceedings whilst still staying just the right side of getting carded. Don’t think he is in his best form at the moment but still got a lot of time for the lad.

Holgate has never been shy on the pitch and I particularly enjoy his fronting up to other players that are trying to intimidate/bully his teammates or have made dodgy tackles on them.

My memory is failing me on who it was but recall a couple of years ago Davies (?) being forced into the advertising hoardings by a particularly aggressive challenge after a series of dubious challenges and Mason giving a very eloquent objection to the proceedings whilst still staying just the right side of getting carded. Don’t think he is in his best form at the moment but still got a lot of time for the lad.

Wasn’t it Mason who put Firmino and his teeth into the advertising hoardings at anfield a few years back? Superb.

Twas indeed - just checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.