Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real place where damage is done is during the live commentary. That steers the rest of the media coverage because the match reports are done from TV.

An example would be Carragher calling out Sigurdsson for pulling out of challenges. That became a full scale national media attack on him. Far out scaling his misdemeanour.

Another example is what they don’t say during commentary. For example, Coleman was wrestled to the ground in what should have been an absolute blatant penalty, but it was missed and the focus has been on was there a foul I. The lead up to our fifth goal. Same story at Utd.

Thd biggest damage gets done when players get singled out for foul play of some description. I think that can genuinely influence referees in the next game as players get a reputation. Andy Johnson got labelled a diver and he spent the rest of his Everton career getting kicked up in the air with no protection.

And mark my words, the referee will even things up in the Derby after the Pickford coverage. We will finish with ten men. guaranteed.

What has the media got to do with our players repeatedly underperforming and gifting points away on a regular basis and not putting in required effort?

We're known as bottlers/underachievers/nearly-men etc, and we've proved it every single time this season we've had a chance to seriously trouble the top 4.

3 Blues in Garth Crooks’ team of the week

But Pickford’s inclusion only with the following caveat.

How much longer is this narrative going to go on for?

BF12F7B5-CD70-4510-9A24-16671246D3EC.jpeg

Another day that's just as easy Pickford with the knee injury sitting in the stands on derby day, and it would be nothing but unfortunate things happen in football. Just like Son on Gomes. Media bias least of our problems, too many blues would be happy to have Pickford side lined. The media like the sharks they are smelt blood and tore in.

The real place where damage is done is during the live commentary. That steers the rest of the media coverage because the match reports are done from TV.

An example would be Carragher calling out Sigurdsson for pulling out of challenges. That became a full scale national media attack on him. Far out scaling his misdemeanour.

Another example is what they don’t say during commentary. For example, Coleman was wrestled to the ground in what should have been an absolute blatant penalty, but it was missed and the focus has been on was there a foul I. The lead up to our fifth goal. Same story at Utd.

Thd biggest damage gets done when players get singled out for foul play of some description. I think that can genuinely influence referees in the next game as players get a reputation. Andy Johnson got labelled a diver and he spent the rest of his Everton career getting kicked up in the air with no protection.

And mark my words, the referee will even things up in the Derby after the Pickford coverage. We will finish with ten men. guaranteed.

Works both ways though. There are Everton fans who will ignore anything neutral or positive said about Everton as they're so fixed on listening for slights against Everton.

There were some Blues fuming on Twitter about Ally McCoist during the City game. His crime apparently was praising City's performance and seeming to enjoy anything that came close to entertaining football. Even though he sang the praises of several Everton players, Everton staff and the club all they could hear was his praise of City. It was hyper-delusional.

To clear up any doubt of media bias.

"So 61%" is trending on Twitter currently as people correctly point out the absurd spin by Sky on this.

61% thought it was a pen. Sky lead with 39% not thinking it's a pen.

Brilliant. Perfect example of how the media manipulate facts to spin their own narrative. They knew exactly what they were doing splitting to pros into 2 columns. Horrible b*stards

Status
Not open for further replies.