Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if anyone else has already mentioned this but in the last few weeks we had Leicester who were apparently fantastic against us, Leeds that played great football, Utd giving one of their best displays of the season and Spurs with their beautiful expansive football and yet none of them beat us. Wonder how long till the experts realise this.

Skysports have surpassed themselves today.

I switched on at 9-00pm this morning, expecting our game with Spurs would be high on the agenda.

Main story was another footballer receiving racist emails (disgusting and wrong, we would all agree).

It was approaching 9-20am before the game was mentioned, and then it was all about how Spurs gave it a good go.

Interviews ensued with a couple of Ex Tottenham players.

If the RS, Manure, Citteh, or Chelski had won 5-4 last night, it would have been non stop hyperbole.

The minimisation of all things EFC has now become totally embarrassing.
Wasn’t able to watch the match so was checking sky app, every goal we scored was the GK fault

Same on the Guardian football podcast today. Ten minutes on Spurs shortcomings and digs at Mourinho. Barely mentioned us.
Listened to that, some boring unfunny old farts I'd never heard of droning on about Mourinho and Lloris. Spent a minute or so on Ancelloti's mug and how classy he was and that was it.

Just watching Sky Sports News now and the fella, don't know his name, looks a bit like a Poundland Gary Lineker, sums up what's coming up in the next hour, including Carlo, before adding "Everton having an excellent season - by their standards". 'By their standards' cheeky get!

I think, if anything, the lack of attention paid to Everton might do us well. When we win, its inevitably down to individual mistakes from the opposition, blind luck, or bad officiating. I think teams underestimate how well organised we are in defence, how competitive we are across the pitch, and how incisive and ruthless we can be in attack.

However it does my absolute nut in when I stay up to listen to the pundits after a mid-week game, only to hear them moaning about Jose Mourinho or whatever. Even during the game, the commentators are thirsting for VAR checks after every one of our goals, or remarking on how lively the opposition look.

The FA cup was a case in point. Our goals all came from individual Spurs mistakes, apparently, their goals came from concerted pressure and attacking flair. Which, when you look at it, is total nonsense. We scored all of our goals from open play, having pressed the opposition into errors and then taken it to them with good movement and incisive passing. They scored most of their goals from set pieces, with a load of individual errors thrown in for good measure. The only travesty about that match was that we had to score 5 to win it!

But no comment on us actually scoring 5 to win it, and showing the kind of winning mentality and resolve that is required to overcome those individual errors.

Media bias and refs adding on unlimited injury time until the oppo scores have been my main gripes this year. Which makes a change from poor performances on the pitch! Things must be looking up...

Soccer Saturday keeping up it's usual standard today.

Previewing Everton Fulham, Harry Redknapp, having already done a bit of head patting (plucky little Everton doing well type of stuff), went on to say we had no chance of top 4, we might sneak into top 6, but he expected us to finish 7th at best.

Paul Merson was asked to comment on James. Called him a good player who'd done better than he expected in the Premier. Redknapp, presumably wanting somebody to back up his views on Everton, then asked him where he thought we'd finish in the league. Well it definitely won't be top 4 based on what I've just seen he said, referring to Salah's opening goal. Well said Paul. lol

All the things brought up here are partly why I never understand people taking the mickey out of Everton fan channels and the like. The mainstream media haven't paid the club any attention for decades, so fans have decided to do it themselves. Good on them.

Ours have been barely mentioned in the media all season, despite the fact we’ve had Holgate injured at the start of the season, and injuries to James, Allan, Coleman and Digne
You could argue our injuries have been worse, because we have injuries from all over the pitch. It’s a full back one week, then 2 or 3 midfielders out, then a winger, now our striker.

I read somewhere we haven’t had our best 11 available for 18 games.

When you look at the [Poor language removed]. They’ve still had both full backs virtually all season, the same as the front 3. Wijinaldum has been fit all season, Thiago the saviour has been available for the majority of the last couple of months. Amd Henderson & Fabinho have all been available for the majority, though playing out of position. But that’s down to the manager. He didn’t have to play them both at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.