The Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you reads the laws, it's a foul.

TAA challenged for the ball and in doing so tripped DCL, and by leaving his feet and sliding in front of him was careless.

I do think its a "soft" pen, but they still count as fouls, he was trying to block the shot and was unlucky that DCL tripped over him. But it's still a foul.

As for Carragher asking what's he supposed to do, stay on his feet if you can't make that challenge without tripping your opponent, it's quite simple.

Although to be honest, i think if Alisson has held the shot it wouldn't have been given, you see strikers took out after getting the shot away all the time but the foul very rarely gets given, but as he spilt it and DCL might have got to it then it got given.

I don't think it was a red because it was an attempt for the ball, all be it a poor one rather than a shirt pull or similar, and it's hard to say if DCL would have got there before the keeper.
Just ask yourself,other end would they get it?of course, thankfully this fella didn't bottle it tonight!!

Pity we didn’t get the ref from the championship who almost nutted the Ipswich player.
Imagine the scenes if he’d laid one on Salah for being a cheating Egyptian
Can one of the young'uns please do a "Cheat like an Egyptian" Gif/Meme whatever?

The penalty was a stonewall pen. DCL was to tap it in if the player wasn't obstructing his path to the ball.

It's like when they were lying down in the wall for free-kicks - if a player runs over you, it's a foul; it doesn't matter if you've meant it, you're in the way of a goalscoring opportunity with no intention of playing the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.