The Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game all round I thought , it's very easy from our armchairs to find fault don't think he missed much, Gomez could have been booked 2 mins earlier, deflections for corners or goal kicks that happens. Looks like he is comfortable with his penalty decision. Would take him over some of the clowns who have gone before.
Well done ref

There is no question its a pen, exactly the same as david luiz the other week, he stopped a clear goal scoring oppurtunity and in all honesty the slide was to put calvert lewin off rather than playing the ball. Good game for him all round, however i cant believe salah and mane still havent been booked for diving yet.

About the pen this is my take on it

If I decide I’m going to kill bill and I point my gun at bill and miss bill but the bullet bounces off the wall and kills Dave by accident then I guess because I didn’t mean to kill Dave I shouldn’t be punished

Wrong

It’s still manslaughter instead of murder

It’s a pen all day long he’s impeded a clear goalscoaring opportunity with his body which has caused dcl to go to ground.

Pity we didn’t get the ref from the championship who almost nutted the Ipswich player.
Imagine the scenes if he’d laid one on Salah for being a cheating Egyptian

Status
Not open for further replies.