“The Negativity From The Fans Doesn’t Affect The Players”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £90m
Can we dispel this myth once and for all?

DABA8746-6756-4474-BD5F-8CDC5A2A77C2.jpeg

I can see it from both points of view, obviously from the players side it's never nice to be told you are crap etc, and from the regular fan either with a season ticket or sky sports subscription a lot of their time and not an insignificant amount of their hard earned money is spent on this entertainment, it's frustrating to see players earning a week what most fans don't earn in 3,4,5 years and the players looking like they don't give a crap.
So from the fans point of view I can see why things get negative and on the other hand the players are people too and have got to be effected by it.

Theyre humans- of course they're effected by it.

If you want the team to do well then encourage them. You get more from people with a carrot than with a stick. In all walks- sport, government, the workplace, without exception it is lazy, clueless, poor managers revert to stick management, skilled intelligent managers look to use carrots.

The internet is full of anonymous accounts with no real idea of the posters loyalties or agenda. It's a cesspit of negativity from people that hate their own lives so spread the hate, and will not change.
The players should distance themselves from it or accept the beast for what it is.

Theyre humans- of course they're effected by it.

If you want the team to do well then encourage them. You get more from people with a carrot than with a stick. In all walks- sport, government, the workplace, without exception it is lazy, clueless, poor managers revert to stick management, skilled intelligent managers look to use carrots.
Alex Ferguson ruled Man U with an iron fist and he did alright . If you keep telling someone that is crap that they’re doing well and to keep going ... they usually stay crap.

Alex Ferguson ruled Man U with an iron fist and he did alright . If you keep telling someone that is crap that they’re doing well and to keep going ... they usually stay crap.
Agree with this 100% .. As for calling out our own players I try to be positive but then they get pelters from me when they dont try. Spend too much of my cash and time to be had off by that attitude without saying a word.

Example: Morgan Schneidelin

There's a balance to be had. Its all very well telling people they're crap soong as you can positively build them up and show them how to improve.

There's a difference between constructive and sometimes harsh criticism from your manager and personal abuse hurled by fans. It's not necessary to attack someone personally to explain how they could improve at their job.

TBF he didn't - he managed to get his teams to believe in what he, and more importantly they, were doing. The hairdryer only came out when that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.