2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, financially, he should be sorted for life but it can’t be nice to be sidelined for so long with injury. You’d have to be mentally strong to try to come back.
I don’t know of any player who’s been out for so long to be able to play at the top level again. Anyone got any examples?
Good point mate about players being out for so long. What worries me is even after this long injury lay-off, he’s coming into the most physically demanding league in the world. I hope I’m proven wrong but it’s a concern would he ever be able to cope with the physicality of this league?

Obviously, financially, he should be sorted for life but it can’t be nice to be sidelined for so long with injury. You’d have to be mentally strong to try to come back.
I don’t know of any player who’s been out for so long to be able to play at the top level again. Anyone got any examples?

There was a player for a Arsenal mate but can't remember his name.....edit : Thomas Rosicky ( bloody hell I only checked his name 20 minutes ago bit got sidetracked lol )

Someone mentioned he was out for 18 months ( came back in between for one pre season match and got injured in it ) So he basically went 18 months without playing a competitive 1st team game.

That was the longest I could see for a PL player apart from players who had to retire.

There was a player for a Arsenal mate but can't remember his name.....edit : Thomas Rosicky ( bloody hell I only checked his name 20 minutes ago bit got sidetracked lol )

Someone mentioned he was out for 18 months ( came back in between for one pre season match and got injured in it ) So he basically went 18 months without playing a competitive 1st team game.

That was the longest I could see for a PL player apart from players who had to retire.
Santi Carzola is another good example. He was out over 3 years. Left Arsenal and had a great season in Spain.

All Im going to say is if hes at training then why cant he play matches .

People with injuries can still do some form of training Barry. This may come as a shock.

Like when a player gets a leg injury they can still do weights. But unfortunately they aren't able to run and thats a problem in football. Or if a player breaks say their wrist, they can still run but probably can't play a contact sport.

I've never came across a football related injury where the player couldn't move for the duration of their recovery.

In all honesty no one will take a chance taking him off our hands in the summer with his injury record over the last 18 months. Really feel sorry for the lad, he’s lost 18 months of his career and who knows if he’ll be the same player (fitness wise) he was before the injury.

valid points in terms of sale. But in terms of injury record. The lad had a bad one, then upon recovery had a set back through being rushed back. He may be a different player to the one we bought (seee Gomes), but it doesn’t mean he’s injury prone or going to be constantly injured.

Personally think the lack of updates is to keep supporter expectation low. The lad has had a horrible time, deleting all football from your Instagram suggests he maybe at one point had given up. As bad as the injury was, he has to overcome the mental side of things now as much as the injury himself. The club are just keeping him off the radar until he’s likely to feature. Updates only tend to come when reporters ask, the club aren’t saying every two weeks he’s back soon so.

There is no rush for him to come back, with 9 subs he can put on the bench over and over again until the RIGHT game, where the game is won, against a team that aren’t grocks or yard dogs and he can ease back into competitive football.

how great would it be if next season he has had time on the pitch and can contribute.

Was he the one who looked like the singer of the Undertones?

Status
Not open for further replies.