2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t play when Allan is fit obviously, but if he keeps performing like he did the other night he’s showing signs of improvement.

anybody saying he’s been good for a while is chatting out of their hoop, he’s been mostly gash for a long time.

You can blame whoever he’s been partnered with in central MF be that Gylfi or Gomes, but Davies has offered very little himself.

Hopefully he’s learning and improving and if that carries on he stays here.

I think Davies has been poor for us over the last couple of seasons and nowhere near the standard that is going to add substance to this team.
The performance against Utd was a shock really and made him stand out due to the comparison of his performances in his past games.
That is the standard of play he has to turn out week in week out to be classed as a good squad player.

It was a great game going by his previous stds, a decent game by our stds so unless he performs like that on a regular basis he will always be under scrutiny by fans that for some reason are called haters. Carry on with that std Tom and you will be a good squad player so get that consistency into your game or you will not be here much longer.

I don't know what our homegrown talent quota looks and if he's required for it but I don't mind him, If you have to play him week in week out you'll expose him, If you're doing a weekly rotation with him then Davies is an okay substitute. I thought it was one of his best games for us. Properly getting stuck in and moving the ball forward. I think his best position is some sort of hybrid between a defensive mid and just someone who keeps the ball ticking in the midfield.

Thought he was good against Utd but did anybody else notice both Rodrigues 1st half and Holgate 2nd give him a mouth full for not making himself available when they were under pressure? Did it a tad too often, flat footed when he could have been a little more busy just moving a couple of meters giving the ball carrier another option instead of being in line and behind a Utd player. But again overall did well.

Thought he was good against Utd but did anybody else notice both Rodrigues 1st half and Holgate 2nd give him a mouth full for not making himself available when they were under pressure? Did it a tad too often, flat footed when he could have been a little more busy just moving a couple of meters giving the ball carrier another option instead of being in line and behind a Utd player. But again overall did well.
Davies probably covered more ground than any other Everton player against Utd.
The two players you mentioned were the who who in the first half in particular were struggling in the game, I think it was more down to their own frustration than anything Tom Davies didn't do .
He never stopped showing for the ball,in fact he never does.

The two players you mentioned were the who who in the first half in particular were struggling in the game, I think it was more down to their own frustration than anything Tom Davies didn't do .

My only complaint he let Fernandes have room, should have gone at him and forced a different play than have a shot on goal.

My only complaint he let Fernandes have room, should have gone at him and forced a different play than have a shot on goal.
And if he'd made a block that sent the ball into the opposite corner of the net the usual suspects would have jumped on that. Let's face it he's just the new whipping boy, whatever he does.

I think the way he has been used this season is about right. You need squad players who aren't (I assume) on huge wages.
Never going to be a certain starter but useful on occasion.

I must admit I have never been a Tom Davies fan but if he keeps playing the way he did on Saturday I could easily start to change my mind if he can be consistent.

He doesn’t play when Allan is fit obviously, but if he keeps performing like he did the other night he’s showing signs of improvement.

anybody saying he’s been good for a while is chatting out of their hoop, he’s been mostly gash for a long time.

You can blame whoever he’s been partnered with in central MF be that Gylfi or Gomes, but Davies has offered very little himself.

Hopefully he’s learning and improving and if that carries on he stays here.
He has improved this season, no doubt. He’s position seems to be settling and he has had a few good games.

never been on his back and thought he had a good game really do, but watched the game twice now and it was just a few times when we had the ball and he was close by he could have been a bit more reactive and just made room for an out pass. Only an observation I didn't pick it up on the first watch but looked for it when the 2 mentioned had a go at him when I saw the game back.

Think he’s been showing some promise over last month or two. I’d pretty much written him off by the end of last season. Just seemed incapable of making even simple passes.

He’s surprised me over the last month or two. He has little spells where he does some good things but too often makes a mistake and shrinks out of the game. But that United performance has been coming, he’s been hinting at it.

Hopefully he takes a lot of confidence from that and can keep building.

Status
Not open for further replies.